NotW LVII - Tempus Fugit (game thread)

Arakhor

Dremora Courtier
Super Moderator
Supporter
NOTW LVII - Tempus Fugit

The Citadel of Eternity is seated at the base of a temporal vortex, from which spring all the time-streams of the Multiverse. The Citadel is guarded by a group of chronomancers known simply as the Order and it is their duty to ensure that time itself is protected from horrifiying monsters and those who would abuse it for their twisted ends.

However, a former member who left the Order to pursue arcane immortality as an undead lich is said to have returned in disguise and is now seeking to bring down the Order from within. If his vile plan succeeds, all of reality as we understand it may yet be destroyed!

----------------------------------------------------------------​

The Setup

The Order are those seeking to protect the time-streams from villains and monsters. They need to identify and eliminate all the Varethites.

The Varethites are those forces gathered by Vareth, an undead chronomancer of terrifying power. They seek to destroy the Order and seize control of the Citadel of Eternity. They will win if they ever equal or outnumber the remaining members of the Order.

Posting and PMs

There is to be no posting at night as per NOTW rules. Further, there is to be NO communication of any kind outside the game thread, except via PMs to or from the GM or within QTs that I will set-up.

Please do not edit a post that has already been replied to or a post with a vote in it. Any edited post with a vote will have the vote entirely discounted. Please also be mindful of your fellow players and try to ensure that you do not write five posts where one would do.

Day and Night Phases

At the beginning of the game, Day will last 48 hours and Night 24 hours. Due to the sensitive nature of the Citadel's location within so much temporal energy, the length of various phases may well change on a frequent basis. Each change will be called out specifically when or if it happens.

There are both active abilities, which may take effect in either the day or the night phase, and passive abilities, which are (usually) always in effect. Every character will have at least one power.

You will vote for players you want lynched during the day, using the format, Vote: Visorslash. Votes must be in bold to count. You do not need to add a Vote: tag, but doing so will make things clearer. I will take your final vote as the last one. If you wish to unvote, simply: Unvote; Vote: ATPG. There may be powers that can influence these votes.

Injury and Death

A character may become injured during the game. This may or may not have other effects depending on the cause, but if the same character is injured again, then they are killed.

When a character is killed, either by the evening lynch, night-kill or other power, their role and faction will not be revealed until the end of the next phase, as time itself is under threat during this crisis. If you have been killed, please remain quiet until after your character's reveal, at which point you may make one farewell post if you choose and then I will ask you to refrain from commenting on the rest of the game, except in the designated QT for that purpose.

Game Participation

At my discretion, if you miss any number of day phases, then you will be replaced or (if necessary) your character will die. Voting is not strictly mandatory (though not voting severely harms the Order's chances), but attendance is. As such, if you don't think you will have fun in this game or you are unable to participate properly, please do not join.

An inactive player is simply stealing a place from a potential player who would otherwise participate.

Spoiler playerlist :
Alive (8)
1. Kennigit (Archaeologist)
3. Zack (Warlock/Phane)
8. Golden1Knight (Seer)
12. Winston Hughes (Sentinel/Shade)
15. Al Sipsclar (Fate Witch)
21. Askthepizzaguy (Dimensionalist)
22. Cass (Aeon/Magister)
24. Murska (Sage/Lich)

Corrupted (2)
choxorn - Corrupted Traveller (Survived)
Mat93 - Corrupted Trickster (Survived)

Dead (14)
Spaceman98 - Keeper (Lynched, Day One)
BSmith1068 - Raider (Killed, Night One)
Autolycus - Warden (Lynched, Day Two)
Sprig - Young Mage (Killed, Night Two)
dicetosser1 - Old Mage (Died, Night Two)
Newyn - Acolyte (Incinerated, Day Three)
Snerk - Director (Lynched, Day Three)
atheotes - Archmage (Lynched, Day Four)
Cuthillius - Guide (Killed, Night Four)
Lassie - Guardian (Killed, Night Five)
KingMorgan - Corrupted Mentalist (Killed, Night Five)
Takhisis - Necroscope (Lynched, Day Six)
Jarrema - Historian (Lynched, Day Seven)
Edse - Champion (Killed, Night Seven)

Day One ends. Day Two begins; Day Two ends. Day Three begins; Day Three ends. Day Four begins; Day Four ends.
Day Five begins; Day Five ends. Day Six begins; Day Six ends. Day Seven begins; Day Seven ends. Conclusion.

Good morning, good morning!!!

Oh, that wonderful, wonderful feeling when you win that rand.

How am I feeling right now? Well......... I'm glad you asked:
Spoiler :
There's nothin' that can bring me down today, ladies and gentlemen.
Y'know, sometimes I'm suspected of evil, every now and then.
In fact it gets quite tiresome to be questioned, time and time again.
But every so often pizza gets a role that makes him say "amen!"
It washes all my cares away and life starts to write like a fountain pen.
Right now I'm feeling like a cat who's stolen an entire cornish game hen.
My smile's goin' for miles and miles and all the while I'm singin' in style and my
teeth are wider than a crocodile's and my e-peen is longer than the Niiiiiiiile
And meanwhile I'm looser than a juvenile doing a backflip over a turnstile and
way way happier than the rank and file and all the others who will be on trial
because my joy is palpable and quite tactile you can even see it bouncing while I freestyyyyyyyle!!!!

(Bounce bounce bounce)

Because that's the joy of being free
I'm just as happy as a pizza can be
I'm not salty at all I'm pure honey
I'm soft n' fuzzy and buzzin' like a bee
I'm not evil at all (look, no goatee)
I'm tellin' you this rand is my cup o' tea
It's warm and delicious and sugary
I've got the bestest role in this potpourri
But don't be jealous or a wannabe
In fact you'll be happy, I guarantee
If you don't make me any day's lynch nominee
Because this role means I'm always the murder-ee
You'll see!!!
In the morning
In the morning
It's great to stay up late
Good Morning
Good Morning to you

Good Morning
Good Morning
We've talked the whole night through
Good Morning
Good Morning to you
Good Morning
Good Morning
Good Morning
Good Morning to you
When the band began to play the stars were shining bright
Now the milkman's on his way and it's too late to say good night
So, Good Morning
Good Morning
Sun beams will soon smile through
Good Morning
Good Morning to you and you and you and you
Good Morning
Good Morning
We've gabbed the whole night through
Good Morning
Good Morning to you

In the morning
In the morning
Good Morning
Good Morning to you

When we left the movie show the future wasn't bright
But came the dawn
The show goes on and I don't want to say good night
So say good morning
Good Morning
Rainbows are shining through
Good Morning
Good Morning
Bonjour
Monsuier
Bonas Dies
Bunus Greas
Bonjourrrraaaaa
Artichonnnaaaa
Guten Morgen
Licha Moana

Good Morning to you!!!

Link to video.

Game is on EZ mode for me, and yet I'm not valuable enough role-wise to care about openly advertising that fact from square one. Don't scan me, unless you like getting previews about upcoming villagery dead bodies. I will vote for the first person to vote for me each round, because if you can't tell this opener is Order-ly, you fail Notw forever. Carry on! :cool:

Step 1: be villagery Free pass to step 2 enabled, thanks RNG
Step 2: find villagers

This part I need your help with. So please have some thread presence but not excessively so!

Hello. Hopefully this'll go a bit better than my last sojourn.

Vote: atheotes for the gall to be TPAM.

vote: DuffKilligan

hello :cheers:

Top Bottom