Heroicfort's Unit Thread

heroicfort

Warlord
STANDARD UNITS
(Historical accuracy is not intended but it is preserved when possible :) )

I. ANCIENT ERA

---------------

II. MEDIEVAL ERA

A. Crossbowman Units:

1. Greek Crossbowman

III. RENAISSANCE ERA

A. Musketman Units:

1. French Musketman/Musketeer

2. English Musketman

3. Pirate Gunpowder Units

IV. INDUSTRIAL ERA

A. Rifleman Units:

1. Mexican, Incan and Argentinian Rifleman

2. Liberatador (Request)

B. Grenadier Units:

1. American Grenadier

V. MODERN ERA

A. Religious Units:

1. (Modern) Christian Preacher

B. Funny Units:

1. CEO Musketman

C. Machinegun Units:

1. Machinegunners Ethiopian & Zulu

2. Native America Machinegunner

D. Infantry Units:

1. a) Native American Infantry

1. b) Native American Infantry Version 2

2. a) Ethiopian & Zulu Infantry

2. b) Ethiopian & Zulu Infantry Version 2

E. Spy Units:

1. Modern Female Spy

F. Police Units:

1. Riot Police

G. Modern Soldier Unit:

1. a) UK Modern Soldier Black Op

1. b) UK Modern Soldier

FANTASY UNITS

A. Humans:

1. Standard Guard Units

2. Knight Templar

3. Monk Knight

B. Elves:

1. High Elf Paladin (New Unit) ---UNIT UPDATED---

2. Imperial Knight (New Unit)

C. Undead:

1. Death's Shadow (Skeleton) (Newest Unit)

Really liking your Native American infantry unit! Definitely adding it to my game. I have a thought on how you could make him even better though, if you don't mind. His uniform, especially the helmet, look very British. Perhaps adding a Sioux (or maybe Apache) emblem onto the sleeves and something similar to the helmet? What do you think? I'd be happy to help if you'd like, although I'm not nearly as skilled at unit making as you are.

Hi thecowwarrior,

by adding an emblem you mean in the texture or in the 3d model? ofcourse i would be delighted if you could help me improve the unit and make it look even better :) . if you want, you can post an image or a link here of the materials you want to see added to the unit or if you want you can add them yourself and then upload them here so that i can include them to the unit :) , whatever is more convenient for you :) .

Hi thecowwarrior,

by adding an emblem you mean in the texture or in the 3d model? ofcourse i would be delighted if you could help me improve the unit and make it look even better :) . if you want, you can post an image or a link here of the materials you want to see added to the unit or if you want you can add them yourself and then upload them here so that i can include them to the unit :) , whatever is more convenient for you :) .

I mean on the upper arm of the uniform, where it is team colored. Just a texture. I've attached a pic of a bird emblem that I think might look good. Please let me know what you think.

As far as the helmet goes, coffee_junkie made an excellent Native American infantry unit a few years back, perhaps you could use that helmet? I will attach that as well.

Attachments

• BIRD.png
    BIRD.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 853
  • helmet.jpg
    helmet.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 329
  • nativeamerica_infantry.zip
    142.4 KB · Views: 124
Heroicfort, I don't know if this will be of any interest to you, but let me know if it is. I have my own personal mod I've been tinkering with for the past several years, and it contains somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000 custom units (mainly made by CFC modders, but some by me). A lot of the links for those units I added are now dead. If you want parts to use for your own units, I can't imagine a better archive to search from. It is a large download (~1GB) but if you would like, I'd be happy to upload it for you.

hi thecowwarrior
i got the materials you uploaded and i noticed that the helmet is the default one, only re-coloured, and the emblem, because it is dark itself, might not look good on a dark texture. but the good news is that from the great stuff that you uploaded i came up with 2 new variations of the native american infantry that i believe will look as good as the first one :) . i'm gonna soon post images to tell me what you think :) .
as for the database, it would be great if you could upload units that you believe they can be of great help :)

On another note, does anyone use or want to use pirates? (does anyone read my "message board" :D ?)

hi thecowwarrior
i got the materials you uploaded and i noticed that the helmet is the default one, only re-coloured, and the emblem, because it is dark itself, might not look good on a dark texture. but the good news is that from the great stuff that you uploaded i came up with 2 new variations of the native american infantry that i believe will look as good as the first one :) . i'm gonna soon post images to tell me what you think :) .
as for the database, it would be great if you could upload units that you believe they can be of great help :)

On another note, does anyone use or want to use pirates? (does anyone read my "message board" :D ?)

I know it is the default helmet, but if you look closely you will see that coffee_junkie attached some feathers to it that made it look very nice. I should have been more clear in my previous post, apologies. I also was using the bird emblem just as an example, I can probably find a larger/brighter one if you could make use of it.

If you look at my profile page, you will see I made a pirate mod a few years back. The link was dead when I checked today, but I found a new file host and it should now be back online. I might also update it if you decide to release some nice new pirate units. :)

hi thecowwarrior,
i have used the feathers and the emblem to make a variation of the native american infantry :) . i attached the image here so that everyone can tell me what they think :) .
IMHO, this unit can be used as a partisan or draft unit maybe? :)

If you like my pirate units and you want (or anyone else) to use them, i will upload them. there is no point in me spending time editing/uploading units that no one wants to use :D

Attachments

• Infantry_Native_American.jpg
    Infantry_Native_American.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 324
hi thecowwarrior,
i have used the feathers and the emblem to make a variation of the native american infantry :) . i attached the image here so that everyone can tell me what they think :) .
IMHO, this unit can be used as a partisan or draft unit maybe? :)

If you like my pirate units and you want (or anyone else) to use them, i will upload them. there is no point in me spending time editing/uploading units that no one wants to use :D

I like the new Native American infantry very much! I think you might be right about the emblem not looking good though. I attached the flag decal for the Cherokee civ, perhaps that could be used as a team colored emblem?

Also, I would for sure make use of your pirates if you choose to upload them. :goodjob:

Attachments

• FlagDECAL_Aniyonega.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 321
hi thecowwarrior,
i got the decal but although it looks great i can't come up with a good idea on how to make it look nice as an emblem :D . so i will upload the unit as it is (meaning with the default emblem) and if anyone can add/edit smth that it will look great i would be more than happy to include it in my unit :) .
as for the pirates, i'll upload them as soon as possible :) .

On another note, i'm working on some infantry units and i would like your opinion. i am editing a zulu and ethiopian infantry unit that i found in Realism Invictus if i'm not mistaken, and i'm not so sure about the backpacks. can you take a look at the attached image here and tell me what you think (from the front view you can't see much but i put it there so that you can get a general idea about how the unit looks like in whole)?

EDIT: i decided to upload the zulu and ethiopian infantry so that i can move on to my other projects (native american infantry variations, pirates, etc) but all comments are more than welcome :) .

Attachments

• Zulu & Ethiopian Infantries.jpg
    Zulu & Ethiopian Infantries.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 329
as always, thank you for your kind words, Sword_Of_Geddon. after i upload the pirates (they just need a tiny fix that i noticed :) ), i was thinking to edit some fantasy units, just for a change :) . or maybe i should upload first some medieval and ancient units to cover those eras too :) .

EDIT: Or, since people seem to like them, i could upload more modern native american units :) , so in this post i attach an image of a native american machinegunner so that you can tell me what you think :) .

Attachments

• Native American Machinegun.PNG
    Native American Machinegun.PNG
    127.6 KB · Views: 356
as always, thank you for your kind words, Sword_Of_Geddon. after i upload the pirates (they just need a tiny fix that i noticed :) ), i was thinking to edit some fantasy units, just for a change :) . or maybe i should upload first some medieval and ancient units to cover those eras too :) .

EDIT: Or, since people seem to like them, i could upload more modern native american units :) , so in this post i attach an image of a native american machinegunner so that you can tell me what you think :) .

Looking good! I know I could use some modern Native American units. Keep up the good work!

Top Bottom