What's up with this bug

inthesomeday

Immortan
Two bugs
Most of the time my lobby only displays two games.
Lately a lot of games I manage to get in anyway via invites or luck have had a resync on turn one and then when it reloads it will have moved my vision on the map from the original area, where I spawned before the resync, to somewhere completely different. If I founded a city, then the borders appear in this area, as well as a road where the city would be in relation to the borders, but the city is gone or not visible. If I haven't founded my capital, the settler is sometimes deleted. This bug is weird and frustrating, I'm wondering if anybody knows the cause and what I can do about it

That's an awesome question. Plus, of the 2 games, 1 has normally been there for a couple of hours and is busted. So there's 1 busted game, and one other random game. Plus, if you HOST a game, since it's the 3rd game no one sees it to join ! Plus, I surfed a few servers - I tried LA, NYC, DC, and Chicago - they all showed the SAME 2 games !! WTF ??? Are you telling me in all of North America only 1 crappy game of civ is available ?

I also wonder why the **** I see only 2 games. Sometimes I see more, but quite rare.

Considering second question - this kind of bugs happen if some people have NQ mode, when others dont OR if some1 has maps from that mode.

There is definitely something wrong with the lobby, I can never see past more than two games.

Not only that, but refreshing the lobby is now a lot slower, refreshing now takes as long as ten seconds and a minimum of five seconds for me. Previously this was instantaneous.

I'll see if I can get a report to 2K, but I wouldn't count on a fix any time soon.

Edit: The ticket has been sent and I have replied with the following message:

Sharples65 said:
There is a major issue with the Civilization V Multiplayer. Basically only two lobbies can ever be seen at a time. Even though there is way more than two. During peak time there used to be around 15 games going, but right now there is a glitch that only lets you view two. This is a major issue because I can't find any good games anymore. No one can also see my lobby despite it being in there. I tested with a friend and they confirmed that they cannot see my game.

Only two are shown every time and that's it. You will never get more than two games in the lobby, even if there are more than two!

Several people are reporting this and I'm speaking on their behalf, first on the 2K Forums: https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?4057516-Only-2-rooms-in-the-lobby

The other is at CivFanatics: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=565340

Can anyone from the Fraxis/2K team look into this issue as soon as possible? Thanks.

Bumping as it's important. 2K support has replied and they have confirmed there is enough information to pass it onto the developers. There is however no ETA.

Full Message:

2K Support said:
Hello Sharples65,

Thank you for contacting 2K Support.

I understand you are having issues finding games in Civilization V. Thanks to the work of diligent players like you, we've been able to collect enough information about this issue to notify the development team, and they are currently working toward a solution. Unfortunately, we do not have visibility on their progress here in customer support, and so we don't have a timeline for a fix to be implemented. That said, please follow us on Twitter (@2K and @2KSupport), as this is where new info as well as upcoming updated and fixes will be announced.

In the meantime, please take a look at our connection troubleshooting guide:

Check all the physical devices on your network to ensure they are plugged in and powered on.
Perform a connection test on each device connected to the network.
PC Connection Troubleshooting Guide
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/network-connection-problem-help

Note: In order to better understand your network and how it works please see the information below.

NAT Types

Open
Moderate
Strict

Open NATs can connect to any of the three types. --> Probably the least common type
Moderate can only connect to open and moderate. --> Probably the most common type
Strict can ONLY connect to open.
Strict NATs are a difficult problem with peer-to-peer games. Since most people don't have open NATs, the player with a strict NAT won't be able to find many joinable games.

Also, if the player with a strict NAT does manage to join a game, if another player with a moderate NAT joins later, the player with the strict NAT gets kicked out.

The problem is even worse since it is sometimes difficult for software (i.e. Games for Windows Live) to detect which NAT type it is running behind, and can often report that the player has a moderate NAT when they actually have a strict NAT.

Another problem is that sometimes the ISP (Internet Service Provider) is also NAT'd which often means even if you have a direct connection to the internet (without a router/firewall), the ISP still acts as a strict NAT.

Port Forwarding

The following ports are beneficial to have open for Online console gaming:

TCP: 53, 80, 443, 465, 983, 1863, 3074, 5223, 10070-10080
UDP: 53, 88, 1863, 3074, 3478-3479, 3658, 10070

If you need assistance with opening these ports, please refer to the following website for more information (you will need to know your router brand and model, as the website guides are based on specific routers)

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Here are some additional tips that have helped many players improve their connectivity:

Make sure your router's firmware is upgraded the latest version (very important).
Unplug your router for 10 minutes and plug it back in. Some older routers degrade in performance over time until it is rebooted, similar to a PC.
Disable any firewall or other network filtering for the game.
Enable uPnP (universal plug and play) on your router.
If you don't care about security, enable DMZ (de-militarized zone) on your router for your PC's address. This turns off all of your router's firewall features for that specific PC.
Contact your ISP and ask them what your DNS setting should be.
Direct Connection/Power Cycle

If you are still having issues connecting to the online servers after trying the above steps, try connecting your broadband modem directly to the console or PC on which you are playing this game. At this point, please disconnect your Broadband modem from power for Five (5) minutes. After this time has elapsed, plug the modem back into power and allow the normal power-up cycle to finish.

If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

[REMOVED NAME]
2K Support

i don't think it is a network problem since i got now confirmed reports from over 5 diffrent players with 4 other providers and 3 diffrent operating sysems where it apeared

yesterday it seemed to be fixed, but... you can not be confident in anything in civ5 mp

it seems to be fixed somthimes now
but somtimes it still is there
it is like 80% of the time fixed now but 20% of the time u still get it

Top Bottom