Replacing the Kuna graphic?

Takagi Hiro

Prince
I know, I know, there's nothing wrong with it... but there is for me. I use DX9, and for reasons I can't completely understand, it shows up with some ugly red and white checkerboard underneath it every time, making it look like Mayans like their laminated floors.

So, I'm obviously not asking for a universal change to a good thing that does work for many, but if I wanted to take it upon myself to switch the graphic to that of a boring lumbermill, how would I do it?

Thanks for any help! :)

Alright, here we are. Note the ugly graphic under both kuna (kunas?) in the forest and jungle, respectively. It's pretty off-putting; I'd much rather have something that's not bugging out on me.

http://pasteboard.co/7AdIrvD.png

Edit: Fun fact! For those who read my other thread, Istanbul is the city on the left, Boudicca's holy city is way up top, and the city up north of my empire is the new city of mine that spawned the new unique luxury, right on the spot where Bouddica's old city was razed. Directly to the right of that new city is the lovely Sri Pada.

I'm proud of myself. :)

No good, it seems. If I'm at the right place, it's telling me that changes cannot be made to my display adapter (it's integrated graphics).

Edit: Wait, no it's not. It's a GeForce 210, so I can go to my NVIDIA control panel, but I don't know what I'm supposed to change...

Iunno. I googled red and white checker civ and found that thread.

G

Is that transparency layer showing up because the road that connects that tile has removed the underlying terrain but the kuna's graphic is layered on top, thus it is on top of nothing?

Seems coincidental that the area of concern is the place where the road should show. The one in the bottom right is okay.

Iunno. I googled red and white checker civ and found that thread.

G
And I do appreciate the effort, but considering I can't seem to get rid of the ugly mess, would you happen to know how to make the visual change to a lumbermill? After all, it behaves exactly like the kuna in where it can be placed, so shouldn't there be a file that says "kuna, you gonna look like dis" in theory? This is the only real graphical glitch on the map that I ever encounter, and it is a 100% sure thing that if a kuna is built, the checkboard comes with it; this really breaks immersion, and is actually one of the (rather minor) reasons I dislike playing the Maya. The only other checkerboard images show up occasionally on the diplomacy screen (even on minimum, the still picture) and the non-native unit/building icons in the game (Roman Forum, Emissary, and so forth). Corporations also like to do this. It's been so long since I've played without the CBP that I can't even remember if corporations are native to the game.

Is that transparency layer showing up because the road that connects that tile has removed the underlying terrain but the kuna's graphic is layered on top, thus it is on top of nothing?

Seems coincidental that the area of concern is the place where the road should show. The one in the bottom right is okay.
The one in the bottom right is actually not okay. Look closely; it's there, just under that dense jungle. I've played the Maya once before (and I didn't enjoy them at all), so I do know that the road is not the cause at all.

Any insight on what I should be doing here...?

I mean, I don't want to sound rude...but google is your friend here. There are tons of threads on the issue elsewhere on civfanatics. Why are you waiting on us to bring you solutions from elsewhere on civfanatics?

G

I mean, I don't want to sound rude...but google is your friend here. There are tons of threads on the issue elsewhere on civfanatics. Why are you waiting on us to bring you solutions from elsewhere on civfanatics?

G
I meant like switching the kuna to a lumbermill, but whatever. Fine. I'll figure it out myself. Didn't imagine if anyone knew the answer that I'd have to break an arm and a leg for it.

Does the checkerbox show in Dx10/11?

I notice that when I play dx9 I also get some weird artifacts.
I don't believe it does, but the whole thing is always more sluggish to play, despite looking nicer. My computer's not terribly high end, so I just never bother. I know that some custom civilizations that add improvements only work on DX10/11, as they completely bug out on DX9... to some crazy proportions, I might add. Would it be helpful to check? I'm unable to turn up any real answers...

I meant like switching the kuna to a lumbermill, but whatever. Fine. I'll figure it out myself. Didn't imagine if anyone knew the answer that I'd have to break an arm and a leg for it.

If an answer isn't forthcoming, then it behooves you to search it out, no?

G

Top Bottom