Castles: Siege and Conquest

CivCube

Spicy.
I remember being given this great Mac RTS game a long time ago. The goal is to be crowned by the Pope king of Bretagne, or what is today the area of France. Simple enough, except that a few other fief-lords want the crown as well. So on a difficulty setting of Easy, Medium, Hard, or Impossible, your adventure begins. Everything was performed in tasks, such as "Attack Rouen", or "Build Catapult", and their progress were displayed on the left side of the screen. Along the way, many a side quest popped up, such as dealing with a supposedly enchanted pool, or being accepted into a Secret Order of the Ancient Light.

*sigh* Memories. Has anyone else tried this?

haven't played it, i think. But i do remember this castle game on Super Nintendo that i rented once and kept it like a week over its due date, it was so good :) But next time i went to rentit out they didn't have it anymore :(
It had like 2 players(red and blue team :rolleyes: ) and you had to destroy the other person's castle. It was awesome! i wish i could remember the name of it :(

Some screenshots:

I played Interplay's Original Castles, but not this one.

Wahhhhh!!!
Damn damn dam. sigh sigh sigh
Tears dropping...
I played it nights and nights on my Mac. Actually I even finished it but I "cheated" a bit.

Actually it was quite hard to conquer everything so I used a utility for mac called "menu enabler". It actually allowed you to force a menu even though it's not available. So I did give almost all my ennemies lands to the pope using that menu enabler :D
And I won... because I was the only player left, all the other lands belonged to the pope.

I played Castles II: Siege and Conquest, I still have the CD but now it won't install on my computer:( :cry: It was such a good game.

I always found that game very time consuming and a pain.

It's sad when you get beat to the punch to be crowned 'king' only for him to be a tyrannous despot, and have all his "rivals" executed.

Top Bottom