America: Write Your Own History 2

Spoiler :

Introduction:

Come participate in this novel and groovy IAAR about an alternate reality America where YOU! - the gentlemanorwoman behind the screens! - decide the course of American history. Just make up a chracter, according to whatever common sense rules there are, and jump right in to the collaborative narrative story of a 1774; although they don't know it, an anomaly in space time shifted them into Dimension C-137. It allows us, right here on our oxford leather, reclining, professional, rotating bean bag, the access to directly influence America by our direct involvment

By the way... It's on this game called Dawn of Civilization, by this FOLK named Leoreth. I'm using the 1.14 version.

Index:

The First Continental Congress Is In Session
Prelude I: Declaration and Resolves
Prelude II: Peyton Randolph Leaves Early
Prelude III: Petition To The King

Chapter One: Liberty's Fire

(Coming July 4th!)

Participants:
(As Of 6/23/16)
Royal Tenenbaum: Virginia -- Peyton Randolph
Grifguz: New York -- John Leanders
TheNoob: South Carolina -- Jonathan Noobington
GreekAnalyzer: North Carolina - Robert Smith
Moai Spammer - Georgia - Robert Walpole III
CaterpillarKing: Pennsylvania - Miranda Christian Groffman
Niccolo Edwards: Massachusetts - Francis Fredrick
VGL: Massachusetts - William Farmington
Matthias I: New Jersey - Wilhelm Müller

Stalkers and Moochers:
Manuss
Keiser Camel II

Misc.:
Penn. Delegate Miranda Groffman's Political Views, 1774
John Noobington - On The Issues, 1774

Subbb

The First Continental Congress Is In Session
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, September 5th, 1774

Citizens of these States of America! Peyton Randolph, public official of Virginia, calls into session a meeting of delegates of all the colonial states of these Americas, in response to the passage of the Coercive, Intolerable Acts upon us! Have we no voice? Have we no justice for our polite declination in wares?

We have a voice now. I ask you now to register your time for the convention. We will decide the course we wish to take in history.

I'm not fat! It's the suit!- Randolph

STATES OF THE AMERICAS:
Spoiler :

States taken:

Virginia -- Peyton Randolph
New York -- John Leanders
South Carolina -- Jonathan Noobington
North Carolina - Robert Smith
Georgia - Robert Walpole III
Pennsylvania - Miranda Christian Groffman
West Massachusetts - Francis Fredrick
East Massachusetts - William Farmington

Spoiler :

John Leanders
Place of Birth: New York, New York
Representing New York

But what about maritime food?

Born into a family of artisans on May 5th, 1752, Mr. Leanders worked as a blacksmith in his father's forge since the age of 12. Much of their work was purely decoration for the wealthy in New England and the Mid Atlantic. At the age of 14, he voyages with his father to the Bahamas and was horrified by the practice of slavery, espousing the rather unorthodox view of total and complete abolition. He entered secondary schooling at the age of 16, but withdrew to study his family's craft. He was swept up by ambition in politics after the Navigation acts began to affect his family's modest finances. After the Boston Tea Party, ambition bit him and lit a fire in his stomach. Soon he took up public speaking and began to make a push to be a representative for New York in the upcoming Continental Congress. He was opposed by several very respected Loyalists. However, his somewhat unhealthy patriotic fervor whipped his supporters into a strong campaign for his nomination, and with the help of a certain Samuel Adams, he clinched the support of several politicians, paving the way for participation in the Congress itself. Where his career goes from here is anyone's guess.

What are the rules for this IAAR going to be? Can we get a quick summary of the rules for characters, back rooming and just anything else that you think we should know?

Spoiler :

Robert Walpole III
Representing Georgia

My eyes are down here.

also subbed subbed subbed *Subbing intensifies*

What are the rules for this IAAR going to be? Can we get a quick summary of the rules for characters, back rooming and just anything else that you think we should know?

I mean it's pretty much common sense. Pick a state and represent whatever you want, but try not to troll too much or be way too ahead of your time. It's rather vague on purpose, since the first congress was a mess. The voting will be like the original IAAR, but the character development will be like The Ironclad Oath.

I'll wait a for more days for people to sign up.

Francis Fredrick
(Attempting to) Represents: Massachusetts
Note: Will almost certainly be denied permission to attend this congress and another delegate sent in his place.

Summary: Born in Boston, raised in the South until 14, returned to Boston to finish school.
Believes in strong state government and weak federal government as well as separation from the crown. A radical nut job who wants to destroy the power of the British in America and create a separate state with extreemly limited government. May have a persecution complex and believe that the British empire wants to keep the American's impoverished below any livable standards.
Got drunk, joined a radical movement. Don't judge.

Apparently I'm an extremist now.
Too tired to figure this out. I'll be back eventually.

I guess I can just be an annoying radical (that tries to apply to these congresses but keeps getting rejected) throwing rocks at British soldiers, burning British flags and complaining that we aren't doing enough to resist the British until we separate.

Niccolo, you aren't fooling anyone, that's Aaron Burr. :p

It's not even the attractive one.
Spoiler :

Anyways,

Name: Miranda Christian Groffman

Pay your f*cking taxes!
Spoiler :

Representing: Pennsylvania
Backstory: Born in the Bahamas as a bastard to a father who left when he was 14 and to a mother that died when he was 12, Miranda started with little prospect of going anywhere. It was in 1769, however that Miranda saw his possibilities grow. He wrote treatise after treatise and caught the eyes of his peers. Soon a movement grew and the people of his village raised a collection to send him to mainland and told him to get his education and don't forget from whence he came. Now he stands on the bow of a ship headed for a new land, in Philadelphia he can be a new man. There's a millions things he hasn't done, and will not keep working like he's running out of time. America will sing for him, but will they know what he overcame? Will the know he will rewrite the game? What's his name? Miranda Christian Groffman.

10 points to the first person that figures it out.

I needed a picture of someone from that era. Thankfully we're in the Google Era so it wasn't a problem... until somebody had to recognize some mildly important person and spoil my most deep and well kept secret. I also know virtually nothing about this era so... I'm just making stuff up as I go along.

Also I don't actualy know that much about what makes a person attractive, most of my interactions and relationships are based on political or situational necessity rather than actual attraction. So I'll just leave you to be the judge of that.

Top Bottom