England - Victoria Thread

bite

Unofficial Civilization Cartographer
Super Moderator
I'm at work so I can't watch it with sound, I need someone to summarize!

I will say Victoria looks a lot less frumpy then she did in IV!

Love the bayonet and riflebutt animation on the Redcoats.

Leader: Victoria

UA: British Museum: Museums grant more Archeaologists and have more slots

UU: Sea Dogs: naval vessel with the ability to bully and capture enemy vessels

Leader Bonus: Redcoats: combat bonus on other continents, can disembark w/o spending movement points

UB (district): Royal Navy Dockyard: bonus movement in naval vessels built there, bonus gold when on other continents, and bonus Great Admiral points

I expected this to be China or Egypt, wtf.

Also I can't help but think it's hilarious how of all civilisations they decided to give info on England right now, day after that Iceland match and less than a week after Brexit :p

Also I can't help but think it's hilarious how of all civilisations they decided to give info on England right now, day after that Iceland match and less than a week after Brexit :p

It wouldn't surprise me if the had China and Egypt planned first, but they changed plans after the recent events :lol:

Unique ability: British Museum - archaeological museums get extra artifact slots and each museum gives more archaeolgists.
2 unique units:
- sea dog naval ship can capture enemy ships
- redcoats get combat bonus on other continents and don't use movement point to disembark.
Unique district: royal navy dockyard - bonus movement to ships built there, bonus gold for dockyards on other continents and great admiral points.

I'm at work so I can't watch it with sound, I need someone to summarize!

So it's not just me then. I only recently regained the ability to watch videos at work, but it says I can't adjust the volume on YouTube :cry:

EDIT: iPhone to the rescue!

2 UU: sea dog (privateer) & redcoat (w. Amphibious)
UB: R. Navy shipyard, extra mov. to ships, extra gold when in other continents
UA: British museum. Extra slots and archeologists from *archeological* museum

Seems there is more than one museum type. This may explain the dino/fountain differences

Gotta take advantage of the fact that Britain is a trendy news topic. :king:

Cool!

UA: British Museum
Extra slots and extra archeologists from museums.

UU: Sea Dog
Can capture weaker units

UU: Red Coat
No penalty disembark, bonus in foreign continents

UD:? Didn't capture the name
Unique harbour district, bonus xp for ships, great Admiral points, extra good for trade routes from foreign continents

+ British Museum
+ Navy shipyard
+ Redcoats
+ Sea dog
+ Victoria as a leader
+ Young Victoria as a leader

Centuries of inbreeding will do that...
Wtf, looks like she has one eye upside down, lol
Is it me or does she look a bit, err, "off"? Like she has some extra chromosomes.
- She looks a bit... mentally challenged...
- WHY LEADER BACKGRUNDS ARE SO DARK

WHY LEADER BACKGROUNDS ARE SO DARK!

England should be a fun expansionist / colonialist civ which fits nicely with Vicky as the gaffer.

Couple of other things I noticed:

- the narrator says the "Sun Never Sets" so guessing that's the name of England's (or Victoria's'?) UA?

- Wine resource, not sure if that has been confirmed before

- Oasis tile (ditto)

- WHY LEADER BACKGRUNDS ARE SO DARK

WHY LEADER BACKGROUNDS ARE SO DARK!

All of them dark. It's crazy and generic. We need bright backgrounds.

This Victoira looks like a 10 year old girl. :lol:

museums grant archaeologists
What does it mean: archaeologist are gained like gp with points? Or gifted when a museum district is constructed?

As expected, they publish these every Tuesday. So we can expect the next leader on 5th of July.

Mybe both? You had gain one when a museum is built and a new one every 25 turns or so? Maybe you need to work that district to generate them?

Top Bottom