Firaxis Livestream: Let's Play Germany Thursday Aug 18 2PM ET

Wtf are Pt/Et/Cet??

Why not use UTC references as everyone else in the world??? :rolleyes:

Because most Americans don't use UTC. We use PT, ET and CT because they are the time zones that affect us.

PT = Pacific Time
ET = Eastern Time
CET = Central European Time

You're lucky their based in Baltimore. If they were based in New York, they'd just give Eastern, since they can't see past New Jersey.

Wtf are Pt/Et/Cet??

Why not use UTC references as everyone else in the world??? :rolleyes:

Without googling and using common sense I automatically deducted it being PT = Pacific Time, ET = Eastern Time and CET = Central European Time :dunno: Am I right though? Won't google out of curiosity.

EDIT: Yep, was right.

UTC is widely used in most of America (exception being USA and Canada apparently).

So, seems that this livestrem is tomorrow at 19:00 UTC

There, now everyone can know when it is in their own timezone

Without googling and using common sense I automatically deducted it being PT = Pacific Time, ET = Eastern Time and CET = Central European Time :dunno: Am I right though? Won't google out of curiosity.

EDIT: Yep, was right.

Thanks anyways :p, but I don't really care for the acronym lol. I meant which timezones they are, in numbers.

UTC is widely used in most of America (exception being USA and Canada apparently).

Except us Americans who have absolutely no clue how to convert UTC to our time. :p

Anyway, definitely looking forward to this. I hope they expand a bit on religion, since their last presentation left more questions than answers--on the other hand, maybe they're saving that until they've shown some of the more religious civs.

No, it is 18:00 UTC, because UTC does not care for daylight saving time. Which is another difficulty when giving random timezones: You also have to know whether these timezones are currently on daylight saving time in addition to knowing whether your own timezone is on it.

Timezone issues aside I'm curious if Firaxis is going to be showing off the newest build of the game or the old build used to show the game to the press and to show off Brazil in their last Let's Play stream. Doesn't really matter to me either way but it's nice that they'll be showing off some game play from the newest revealed civilization.

Is it 1900 UTC? Not 1800 UTC? Or does UTC observe daylight savings?

I think it should be 1800 GMT... CEST is currently 2 hours ahead of GMT.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

9pm Finnish Empire time..

I hope they get far enough in the playthrough, last time I was hoping to get a good glimpse at Religion mechanics but they just fought some barbarians for an hour :D

They should play a bit "faster" or maybe have a neduevak/classical start.

Nice to get the stream and good to see Germany in action. Maybe they anger Scythians!

But when I look up on time and date it says it's 18:00 UTC... it's telling me 4am for Australia.

It is 18:00 UTC, and UTC is equivalent to GMT.

However it is currently summertime/daylight saving time in most places. So in the UK and Ireland we are on British Summer Time which is UTC+1. Germany is on CET summertime which is currently UTC+2.

Here's to hoping for a play by play with screenshots for those of us at work while this is going on. ;)

Top Bottom