Norway First Look Video

bite

Unofficial Civilization Cartographer
Super Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Not working

Love that ships can pillage! The anti-England, perfect.:D

LUA: Thunderbolt of the North - melee ships can pillage adjacent land tiles. Longship - can heal in neutral territory.
UU: Berserker - pillaging costs one less movement; bonus to attacking, weaker on defense.
UI: Stave Church - faith adjacency bonus from forests (replaces Temple).
UA: "Naval Focused Civ" :)p): no movement cost to embark/disembark, can enter deep ocean at Shipbuilding tech.

Kinda funny that this went up right after the Japanese steam leak that had the information for the Kongo and Alfosno in the text field, but Norway for the image. Someone got their wires crossed somewhere along the line! I did suspect a Civ reveal today though, after the word from the Chinese rep :)

I think this is the first time we have a Civ specialized in naval warfare, right?

This sounds really fun! I like the UAs!
Not sure about the character animation of Harald though. Looks a bit unnatural, although the model is great and so is the beautiful background art

Sweet Jesus, while I still miss Persia I'm no longer angry Vikings replaced it - this civ is amazing.

Plundering land from sea without landing, celtic-style religion bonus and ability to traverse oceans since classical era are awesome bonuses.

It's like the combo of Denmark, Celts and Polynesia, taking best qualities of those (weak) civilisations and offering very unique perks.

A whole leader ability devoted to coastal raiding?
The people over on the "few reasons to settle coastal" thread are gonna have a field day with this

Ok, mainly naval, so until now, it will be a dual between norway vs england in archipelago maps and yeah, seems quite to suck in pangaea maps ...

Only the berserker sounds fun and the stave church, I dont know, how big will it be? So you want to keep your woods next to your holy sites. Btw, are UB build in half the time too?

So I have to wait, if that civ will be good in any other maps then archipelago, continent maybe, but yeah, maybe im just not that big fan on naval focused civs because it is still something lacking, dont know what exactly ...

At work, can't watch the video. Never been this desperate to get home :crazyeye:

Can someone post a full list of the uniques to sate my inner hype-monster? :)

Civ Ability: Units pay no movement cost to embark or disembark, and all units can move across Ocean tiles after researching Shipbuilding.

Leader Ability (Thunderbolt of the North): All naval melee units can perform Coastal Raids. Also receives the Viking Longboat, which can heal 10 HP in neutral territory each turn.

Unit: Berserker: Costs one less movement point to pillage, and receives a bonus to attack, but a penalty to defending

Infrastructure: Stave Church: Additional faith adjacency bonus from woods.

Looks like Norway is the new Polynesia in terms of exploration.

Haralds ability: Thunderbolt of the North. All Naval Melee can do coastal raids.\
Longship: Can heal in neutral territory
Berserker: Pillage costs 1 less movement, Bonus to attack, less defense
Stave Church: Faith bonus to adjacent woods
Norway units have no cost to embark or disembark, Can enter ocean tiles on discovery of ship building

Sum up the abilities please, still more than an hour for me until I can watch it. D:

Edit: Nvm, too slow. :p

A whole leader ability devoted to coastal raiding?
The people over on the "few reasons to settle coastal" thread are gonna have a field day with this

That is way more about settling the CITY on the coast. If you put a district or anything that touches the coast Norway has your number. Its cool, especially since pillaging is going to be so much more effective now.

Harold looks like a fun guy to watch on the leader screen. I love the warmongering bullies as a peacefull builder kind of guy. That moment when you are busy building a library or wonder and see his forces on your border and his leader animation war declaration. Just Epic.

Pilaging is Always exciting. Just punishing your opponent badly in one war with pillaging. And finishing him off in the next one.

interesting detail from the vid: raiding that campus next to Osaka yielded 25 science.

Top Bottom