HOT7 - The Rise of the Impi

hotrod0823

Deity
Okay - HOT5 Was too easy. The AI doesn't know what to do without Swords, pikes and MDI you Say. So here it is the Rise of the Impi.

Premise: As the Zulu we are a strong nation that relys on speed and wit to overrun our foes with a vast army of mobile units capable of taking on all comers with nothing more than sticks, stones and horses for almost all ages.

All iron based units are disabled for the Zulu: NO swords, pikes, MDI, ironclads, frigates, knights or cannons. Iron is in the game making factories and rails possible. The AI can still make everything.

Some say HOT5 was too easy so here it is HOT7 the rematch.

Emperor/Deity (if requested)

Roster: Open to all who played in HOT5 first with a spot in reserve for Rowain when he returns. (IIRC he is on holiday)

Land: Large continents on a standard Map with 7 rivals all Random

Climate and Age are Random Barbs on Roaming.

Question Comments Etc.

All victories are enabled but only domination or conquest are considered victories for this game.

I'm not going to join, mainly because my normal style of play doesn't require me to build any of those units! I'll watch, though. :)

EDIT: I was going to join, but decided that I need to stick to the self-imposed July SG ban. Any shot that this one can wait till august?

:hmm: August maybe. Rowain and Bam-Bam out. We'll see how the rest of the HOT5 team feels. Looking for a rematch.

Hotrod

Oh yeah--I definately would like to be a part of the rematch--just need to step back from the SG binge of May-June.

Originally posted by Bam-Bam
Oh yeah--I definately would like to be a part of the rematch--just need to step back from the SG binge of May-June.

Now that I can understand. :(

My GOTM#20 marathon to complete on June 29th was just to much after the rest of that month. That is why just one LK game right now. My early July vacation, a monster GOTM#21, etc make me want to wait to August myself for much more.

Of course, I will be reported dead civs next GOTM thread. :hammer:

Thanks for the reserved spot :D

I'll be back into full swing on August 10th.

If you can wait till then I would be very much honored to participate :)

Rowain

After 2 weeks of Hiatus the Impi are poised to Rise Again!

August First is just around the corner and I would like to line up our team for the HOT 5 Ironless game rematch.

All Previous HOT5 Members are invited to play and will have a spot held unless otherwise noted or for whatever reason decide not to play.

The HOT 7 Team:

Bam-Bam
Banzai
Rowain (out until August 10th but will have his spot reserved)
Aggie
Hotrod

We can go with Six but would prefer to have a fast turn around as it should be a fast paced game.

Oh--ready to come back! You do not know how tempting many of these SGs have been. But I am still SG free for July--and this is likely my only one for August. Second daughter is keeping us busy :)

Thanks, Hotrod. All the bedrest paid off--she was born on Bastille Day. We had a routine delivery (7lb. 12 oz.) and took her home with us two days later. Mom, baby, dad, and big sister are all well. And of course, the new one has already been introduced to Civ--she's been rooting me on as I slug through Epic 32.

With Aggie, Bam-Bam and myself reporting in we are still waiting on Banzai.

Once we get confirmation I will generate the game and post a start. I reversed the order to change things up a bit. Rowain IIRC will be out for a while so I wouldn't be adverse to picking up a 6th. And if we don't here anything from Banzai before Thursday I will open up his spot as well.

Bam-Bam
Banzai (waiting on confirmation)
Rowain (out until 8/10 )
Aggie
Hotrod
??????

PS. Is anyone adverse to watercolors terrain?

Watercolors away! Go ahead and generate the game, Hotrod. I will not play until Friday. Are we still looking at similar conditions (geography, etc.) from the last game?

Yes unless you all have something different you would like to try. My only request is something other than islands. Continents is always my preference but pangaea is fun too. We want a lot of territory to claim with enough huts but not too much room that we can avoid early wars.

Comments are always welcome ! I will be generating the map between now and some time Thursday.

Hotrod

My vote--like you started the thread. STD map--continents (say 40% land) with either seven or eight (for some challenge) starting opponents. Emperor.

Top Bottom