City Graphics - Industrial & Modern

Badi_Dea

Chieftain
To help spur interest for the upcomming MATRIX mod for civ3, I am releasing the (human) modern city set. The Industrial set is nothing more than a redress of the modern set, therefore no new modeling.

Produced in 3DS Max r4 and Photoshop 6

Here is the preview:

Attachments

• overall.jpg
    overall.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 3,091
due to the nature of these files, some modyfing is going to have to be done in order to play ingame correctly.

THE INDUSTRIAL SET IS IN THE ANCIENT ERA SPACE AS IS THE MODERN IN THE MIDEVEAL SPACE, YOU MUST ONLY COPY THEM ON TOP OF WHAT YOU WANT TO CHANGE.

Here is the file:

Attachments

• matrix_cities.zip
    50.8 KB · Views: 516
Not bad, not bad at all.

It differs quite a lot from the cartoonic feel of the civ3, but if you are going to change more than just the city gfx, it will propably look even more fabulous than what it already is... :lol:

good job - not such a badidea afterall :mischief:

Wow!!! :D I've been trying to achieve that style of Civ2 city for years and you do it in Civ3! :D :D :D I've been trying to do a 'relatively realistic' sized mod for Civ 2 for ages and I'm close to finishing it. Will you be cleaning it up and doing the ancient and medieval versions too?

Nice work. The gray ones on the right are perfect: excellent job there. The brown ones look pretty good too, but the buildings all appear to be leaning a little to the right. (If you rotated those ones counterclockwise by 90 degrees, they'd probably look better...)
:crazyeye:

Nice, but is the angle different in some of them? Because it looks like they were rendered at different angles.

Also, the Industrial cities... not a criticism, just a statement. The brown buildings look rather like the Spanish-tile roofs used on the houses down in Brazil... these cities look like they could be almost Brazilian.. I'm feeling a little home sick, heh.

Top Bottom