ticonderoga aegis cruiser

papajohns

Prince
heres another uni i decided to spit out since i was really bummed about firaxis's approach to the aegis ship graphic..but i have no idea whats that ship they did...even civ2's aegis looked better imho...

anyways.... heres my aegis...

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/ticonderoga.zip

oh..since everyone wanted me to do a rotate ship attack..the aegis attack is a rotate ship attack..so remember to set the rotate attack flag for this one..

Attachments

• image8.jpg
    image8.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 6,526
Great looking unit Papajohn, one request though, if you get the time, an attack.flc with a vertically launched missile would really make this perfect!

i thought about missiles..but the prob is that it looks too weird since you dont see missiles coming down on the enemy... not that you see shells either...but guns just look more appropriate...

theres just so much shapes u can make with povray that resembles a muzzle flash... im not saying its good...but im willing to entertain variations if you have em for povray..

Excellent ship. :goodjob:

Aegis class ships only carry one Five inch gun, a good dose of ASROCs, which can only be used on subs and of course hte guided missiles which make it a guided missile cruiser

Originally posted by ShotgunDave
Aegis class ships only carry one Five inch gun, a good dose of ASROCs, which can only be used on subs and of course hte guided missiles which make it a guided missile cruiser
WRONG

Aegis is the computer control and communications system, not a particular class of ship. This is a Ticonderoga class ship, they have 2 guns, and 2 VLS. You must be thinking of the Burke class DDG.
Ticonderoga Class Guided Missile Cruiser

Burke Class Guided Missile Destroyer

Crap...my bad, I realized after i posted that i'd screwed up, but by then i was at work and they really frown on me dinking around, I'm just going to claim amnesia or something

Nice ship

Top Bottom