V-22 Osprey

snsfro

Warlord
This is the American V-22 Osprey. It is a tilt rotor aircraft that can take off and land like a Helicopter and fly like an airplane. This gives it increased range, manueverability, and payload capacity. The V-22 is intended to replace the Chinook (Default Civ-3 helicopter). It is meant for airlift and rescue missions with the cabability of assualt. It can carry up to 24 soldiers and has a top speed of 317 MPH (Airplane Mode). It is only armed with two .50 Calibre guns. This is my best unit yet and I haven't rushed through this one like the rest of them. It contains a default (Hovering with rotors Vertical and moving), Run (Rotors tilted and moving), a death (Rotors tilted and fire engulfs it), and Attack (.50 Calibre gun firing with corresponding sounds) Animations. I have spent a LOT of time on this one and am astounded at how good it is! The Paint Scheme looks exellent on it as well.

Here's the unit: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/V22.zip

Here are all the animations (forgive me for spamming):

Attachments

• v22attacksw.gif
    v22attacksw.gif
    7.2 KB · Views: 2,415
Thats the Attack Animation and here is the Death (keep in mind that the green is converted into smoke in the game:

Attachments

• v22death.gif
    v22death.gif
    19.9 KB · Views: 2,136
Here's my favorite, and the most time consuming. Its the Default animation (remember that it will have chopper sounds to go along with it). Its a full 50 Frames!!!:eek:

Attachments

• v22hover.gif
    v22hover.gif
    74.6 KB · Views: 2,173
And here's the Run (its just the Attack without the Guns).
When I post a .GIF on CFC it slows down a bit. In game these animations will be faster and won't seem delayed:goodjob:
Check out my Creation and Customization thread to choose what I will do next! :D

Attachments

• v22default.gif
    v22default.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 1,914
i love the hover

Yeah, I know. I thought it looked better that way. The only thing that I regret is that I didn't have the proprotors "moving up". Its just the Run with the rotors tilted and then BOOM, they are up! It would take too long to put the hover in all directions because I used a model with perspective and that would mean that on the SW and SE directions, the rotor facing the screen would be HUGE and the one away from the screen would be tiny.
BTW, I am making a better F-117 soon and maybe a new B1-B with swinging wings!

I absolutely love, and desperately need, this unit! I've downloaded it already, but I don't know how to use it without the .pcx images (you know small and large). They don't come in the .zip file.
Is there some way I can get around this? I /really/ need this unit.

I absolutely love, and desperately need, this unit! I've downloaded it already, but I don't know how to use it without the .pcx images (you know small and large). They don't come in the .zip file.
Is there some way I can get around this? I /really/ need this unit.

take. Ripped from "Balanced Reloaded". I may make them by myself but only from images (photos or something alike) not from game models.

Attachments

• Units.rar
    11 KB · Views: 77
Words do not even describe my gratitude. I will erect statues in your name. You are a wonderful man MadGAD.
Seriously. I will not forget this.

Top Bottom