Former Scenario Editor
Korean War Scenario
Civ III PTW 1.27f

The download link:

Updated 8-17-03
http://www.cdgroup.org/j_grigsby/KWSP2.zip

Dedicated Forum:

http://www.cdgroup.org/forums/tbs/civ3/index.php?h=1&pf=370

Please use the forum as much as possible. Especially for bug and error reporting.

I am very pleased to announce the release of the 2 player Korean War Scenario.

World War II divided Korea into a Communist, northern half and an American-occupied southern half, divided at the 38th parallel. The Korean War (1950-1953) began when the North Korean Communist army crossed the 38th Parallel and invaded non-Communist South Korea.

Play as one of 2 factions battling for ground and ideology.

The scenario begins in September 1950. The United Nations are reeling from defeat after defeat. They have been backed in to what became known as the Pusan perimeter. Here the United Nations forces were told to hold the line or die trying. There would be no further retreats.

Simultaneously, General MacArthur had just completed his surprise invasion of the port city Inchon. Here he predicted that he would smash the North Korean forces between the hammer and anvil. The North Koreans are cut off from resupply. The Chinese are poised to enter the war.

You have your choice of being the Communists or the United Nations.

This is a victory point location game there are two victory points in the United Nations and Communist cities. In addition there are two victory point locations to fight over at the 38th parallel.

The goal is to control as much ground as possible at the end of the three year time limit. The turns are in weeks.

Features

All United Nations units are named for their true to life counterparts. They are in their exact or approximate locations.

Ditto for 90%+ of Communist forces.

Improvements and few Wonders renamed and retooled:

Buildings: Capitol Building, Warehouse, Command Post, Supply Depot, Observation Post, Radio Station, Defensive Emplacements, Water Storage Tanks, Fuel Storage Tanks, Worship Center, Tunnel Network, Ammunition Depot, Steel Fabrication Plant, Fortified Bunkers, Oil Storage Depot, Munitions Factory, Railroad Depot, Shore Battery, Electric Power Complex, Floating Cranes, & Military Police Post.

Wonders: Logistics, Human Wave Tactics, UN, & Communist Order of Battle

All of the city improvements have been updated in the Civlopedia text if you are curious what they do.

Units:

Communist Forces:

T-34 Tank

North Korean and Chinese "Volunteers" soldiers
Mobile Infantry

Naval Mines

Mig 15
Tupolev Bomber
Yak 9d Fighter
Il-10 Fighter

Heavy artillery
Field Artillery

Special Forces

UN Forces:

M-26 Pershing
M-46 Bulldog

US Army
US Marines
Members of other nations forces : France, Netherlands, UK etc. etc.

Quad 50

Battleship
Cruiser
Destroyers

Land mines

Heavy Artillery
Field Artillery

Paratroopers (Army airborne rangers)
Reconnaisance

B-29 Bomber
P-51 Mustang
F-86 Sabre
F4U Corsair
Bomber

New sounds for some units. My favorite are the artillery pieces. The shells can now be heard screaming down before impact.

Each side has about a dozen true to life generals that participated in the war IF a leader is "created on the battlfield".

Your given an army, air force, and "navy". These troops are all precious. There will be no major reinforcements.

You may take a very lengthy option of training veteran troops or simply draft citizens off the streets. You can fill the ranks quick but their quality will be poor.

Do to limitations by the editor you must declare war immediately whether you want to or not for the accuracy to be maintained. This war was three months old at this point in real life.

Use your forces wisely, quickly, and without mercy and victory can be yours! :goodjob:

Choose your side the American Imperialists or the Chinese Reds

UN destroyers, cruisers, and aircraft carriers enroute to Korea.

Marines recapture Seoul.

Elements of the US 2nd and 25th Divsions close in on Chinju.

DPRK 4th artillery and 103rd tank regiment catch ROK 53rd and 55th tank companies out in the open.

Chinese Mig 15's arrive in Pyongyang to take the battle to the American imperialists. The first all jet battles in history are about to begin.

UN commanders would be wise not to forget the massive size of the Chinese People's Volunteers.

hmm, the first of its kind! I am going to check this out for sure!

... where is the file? you got the art, text but no scenario...

Got your PM :goodjob:

When I loaded the scenario for the first time, the game crashed because it was looking for the truman.flc in the Arts/Flics dfirectory when in fact the Flics directory had unzipped to the same level as the Arts directory! The zip file has been wrongly archived. Anyone downloading it will have to go into the KW2P folder and move the Flics directory into the Art directory.

Looks like a great scenario though - pure war :). Very detailed too; if your research is all accurate, you deserve a lot of credit for the work. I'm not very knowledgable about that war though and the individual units. Some kind of readme explaining the historicity of the scenario would add to its enjoyment immensely (for me). I played a few turns on it, and captured 5 cities. (also lost too, but regained them ;) )

Nice work :goodjob:

you could probably expand on this to make it go all the way up too a Vietnam War Scenario. You would just need a bigger map...

It is planned for a Vietnam War Scenario in the future. The aim now is for a world war one scenario, ;)

I bet when all of these scenarios are made, you could combine all of them to make a scenario going from your planned WW1 scenario all the way up to a near future scenario.

After the Vietnam scenario then i will update my other scenarios and maybe complete my epic History of The British Empire scenarios.

calgacus

Thanks for the tech notes this is my second scenrio and first time "succesfully" uploading anything!

I have corrected the missing bic and flics in to one "easy" download.

snsfro

The problem IMHO with Vietnam is there arent enough units out yet to do it justice. Although Wyrmshadow seems to be making alot of air units used in that era.

It sounds very interesting. BUT after downloading it, I only get a crash to desktop everytime I load it. One thing that I did notice is that the units_32 is missing from your download. Another thing that I noticed is that you don't reference the files location (KW2P folder) in the scenario properties. This is needed to tell the system where to look for the files.

HomeAir

I was told that the errors in the zip were not fatal BUT they should have been packaged differently. That has been done. If you'd like to try again, it should work this time. Thanks for your interest.

How do I change it so that I can be the UN?

And, I also got a crash to desktop when I tried to load the scenario.

highphin

To change Civs go in to the editor. Open KW2P bic. Go to player properties. Select UN (Player 1). Select Human player.

When did you download the bic? I'm not sure if it was the newer or older upload?

about 25 minutes ago

I did download it correctly, right? Just click on the link you have at the top of your first post. There isn't anything else I need to have is there?

And, I tried going to player properties and switching the human player from player 2 to player 1, but it keeps switching back as soon as I close the player properties box.

Is the 'Enter' button at the bottom of the box? Because the box is so big I cant see the whole thing. How do I make it smaller?

Top Bottom