ripptide

Lost in the wastelands
WW1 armored car

Attachments

• austin mk2.jpg
    austin mk2.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 3,520
thanky all )

not sure about who all used it Yoda, but Britain and Russia are 2 users, up to the beginning of WW2.

Originally posted by ripptide
thanky all )

not sure about who all used it Yoda, but Britain and Russia are 2 users, up to the beginning of WW2.
ok thanks

again, great unit:thumbsup:

@ripptide - Do you have any Technical Info on this unit :). Since I would like to know more about the unit.

BTW Great unit :D

this site has a good bit of info on all the Austin armoured cars, but primarily from the Russian perspective. Unfortunately, I couldn't really find a lot of sites specifically about the Mk2 (as witnessed by the rather thin civpedia entry:D )

Austin Armoured Cars

Originally posted by Yoda Power
ok thanks

again, great unit:thumbsup:

A few pieces captured during the Polish-Soviet war 1919-20 at Bobruisk, Minsk, Zhitomir, were used by Polish army up to 1931. There were at last 4 pieces. Due to lack of spare parts, were used only for training purposes. Here you can read about Austins in Polish army - page is in English:)
http://derela.republika.pl/austin.htm

Originally posted by CivGeneral
@ripptide - Do you have any Technical Info on this unit :). Since I would like to know more about the unit.

BTW Great unit :D

tsk! "And why do I go through the trouble of maintaining a URL library?" he whined in an aggrieved grandmother's voice ... :D

http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/

Click on "WW1"; scroll down ... entry is as follows:

"The Austin-Putilov was a British design, though mostly produced and used in Russia. The Russians took the basic chassis (that was all that could be supplied by the over stretched Britsh production lines) and modified it considerably to cope with the harsh Russian conditions. Inprovements included later replacing the rear wheels with tracks and adding additional armor and rear steering. Both in terms of numbers and performance, the Austin-Putilov was the most important armored car the Russians possessed during WW1. Many saw action in the internal fighting surrounding the October revolution and afterwards in the Russian Civil War. After 1918 some saw service in the Polish and Japanese armies. This vehicle proved itself to be extremely rugged."

Specifications:
Crew 5
Weight 11,440 lbs
Length 16'
Width 6' 4.75"
Height 7' 10.5"
Range 125 miles
Armor 8mm
Armament 2 x MG
Engine 50hp
Performance 31 mph

:king: ,

Oz

the USA mad an Armored Rolles Royce that had one turret.

Very rare photo - Austin -Kegresse (wheeled/tracked version), taken in October 1939, when Germans captured fortress Modlin, near Warsaw.

Attachments

• austin-kegr3.jpg
    austin-kegr3.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 2,832
Love it!

Great unit. Can i have your permission to use this in an WW1 secanrio it would be great if i could.

Cheers

Top Bottom