stNANES4: Realistic Fusion

naervod

My current user title
Hi, and welcome to stNANES4, the fourth installment in my story NES series and 8th overall NES. This is called realistic fusion because I have fused many story NES elements from different NESes to create one excellent, realistic story NES, both regulated, but also allowing some freedom in writing stories. I have returned to story NESes, and will probably stick with them, since apparently no one cares about my board NESes after the fourth or fifth turn, if that. This will spell the end of NANESIII and possibly my board-NESes, unless I can find a way to keep all the players. The goal of this NES is to be a fusion of all the fun NESes out there today. I will be using ideas from stJNES4 and 5, Absolution, stAZNES, and stK1NES, and I might throw in some of my own ideas on government and religion, to make them a bigger gameplay part. I hope you enjoy this NES. Without further ado, here are the rules...

Military
Your military will be numbered, as it is more realistic and representative of a country's abilities. When you want to upgrade the size of your army, navy, or later on, air force, you must state it in your orders, and I will determine how much it goes up by. Also, certain governments and events might affect your military size. It costs one economy level to upgrade any branch of your military. Lastly, it will take one economy level and a reduction in training to upgrade your military to the next age

Training
Also, your military will have training levels to represent the effectiveness and skill of your armed forces. The training levels are: poor, Moderate, Elite. Also, your training can be affected by a variety of other factors, such as confidence, etc. However, training can't go above poor until Bronze Age. To train your troops from poor to moderate, it will cost an economic level and will lower you troop number. However, to have a Moderatly trained army means you msut have a stable economy. If you dip below stable, your army will immedietly go to poor. You increase training from moderate to elite the same, but to have an elite army your economy must never dip below Growing. Those who are there now have just this turn to bring your economy up to where it needs to be. If you can't then your troops training will go down. Another way to train your troops is to fight wars. I will be determining how much training your troops get from wars.

Mobilization
You may mobilize your army for an attacking bonus. To mobilize your forces, you will have to wait 1-3 turns (exact length determined by me) and then wait another turn after you finish mobilizing to attack. Mobilization will aid your forces in combat, not increase army size or training, it is separate.

Conscription
In times of war or peace (depends on government), you may conscript men from you population only to fight in the army. How this works is, activate a draft in which you army will be increased, how much will be subject to my decision (will mostly be based on population and size of the nation). This does not take an economy level. The only bad thing is that this soldiers will be poorly trained (not able to increase training). This is a good strategy to slow down the enemy. Certain governments are able to conscript in peacetime, although confidence in leader will be reduced. Conscription is not available until Industrial Age.

UU's
Each nation will be able to create one unique unit for each age. This unit will be a small force, separate from the rest of your military. You may have one or two things that make it better from a regular army unit and it must be appropriate to the current age. You may describe your UU's, but don't get too extravagant.

The Domestic Situation
This will include all the rules for economy, education, culture, etc.

Economy
The economy will work like it does in many story NESes. You will have to say specifically how you want to upgrade the economy, and it will take one or two turns. Your economy allows you to upgrade your army, navy, education, etc. There are six economy levels:
Depression
Recession
Stable
Growing
Prosperous
Booming

Education
Except in the Stone Age, education will determine how fast your people research scientific advancements and new ages. In the game, education is represented by schools, temples, universities, etc. Education is not possible until the Bronze Age. When the Bronze Age is reached, here are the education levels:
Idiotic
Ignorant
Poor
Average
Smart (limit until Renaissance)
Wise
Enlightment

Culture
Your culture is a representation and national identity of the nation. Nations with higher culture may assimilate areas of nations with higher culture, although this doesn't happen very often. In game, you may increase culture by building temples, conservatories, art schools, theaters etc. However, many of those examples aren't realistic for the early ages of the game. Think about some sort of culture in the Stone and Bronze Ages, it should be easy. If you need help, ask. Lastly, culture can be increased or decreased by your confidence in leader. Here are the levels of culture:
None
Bad
Average
Great (limit until Renaissance)
Enlightened

Confidence in Leader
Your confidence is mainly determined by how often you write stories, but other things, such as winning or losing battles and your government can play a small part. Your confidence will be represented by a number. The number can get as high as your government allows, but the normal confidence is anywhere between 6 and 8. Low confidence is between 3 and 5, and high confidence will be between 9 and 12. Sometimes, if you are lucky or unlucky, they will go above or below these extremes Confidence affects your culture, your luck with random events, and your army training.

Ages
Ages will come at historical times and the nations with higher education will get ages faster. Here is a list of ages:
Stone Age

Copper Age
Iron Age
Classical Age
Dark Ages
Middle Ages
Renaissance
Colonial Age
Industrial Age
Early Modern Age
Middle Modern Age
Late Modern Age
Information Age

More ages to come if need be.

Other Stuff
This includes rules on expansion, joining, events, etc.

Expansion
Expansion will be slow, to reflect on realistic situations. Also, use your historical thinking when expanding by sea. A Stone Age canoe cannot get across the Mediterrenean Sea and can barely make it across the Adriatic. A trireme could easily make the journey, but could not go farther than say from the British Isles to Norway. You may not directly cross oceans until you have ocean travel. There are alternate routes you can take starting in the late Dark Ages, but they are perilous. By the time you reach the Early or Middle Modern Age, you may travel almost anywhere you want on the globe.

Random Events
Every so often (not necessarily every update), I will randomly pick nations and events will happen to those nations based on their confidence. Events can be good or bad.

Natural Disasters
Every so often, a natural disaster will happen. Sometimes hints will be given at a natural disaster waiting to occur. As technology gets better, your ability to predict natural disasters is stronger. Natural disasters are completely random, not based on anything. However,, certain religions lessen the chance of a natural disaster in that area.

Wonders
You may build wonders. You will tell me what the wonder does and I will tell you how long it will take. You will not need to add build wonder in your orders after the first turn unless for some reason you do not want to continue building it for the time being. Wonder processes might be slowed by natural disasters or random events, in which case you will need to reorder construction of the wonder.

Historical Events
I will try to keep this loosely on par with real life history, although that might not always be the case. That means that ages will come at about the correct places, and also major events (barbarians, Renaissance) will happen. I will not try to start a war or have drastic toll on a nation to have an event happen (except barbarians, but that is the case with all NESes)

Other Maps/Histographs
Whenever I have extra time, I will update religious and ethnic maps, so people can see the religious and ethnic population of certain areas. Also, I will do histographs every so often as well

Joining/Updates
I would like to get this moving as fast as possible, so please join up. Here is the template:

Nation Name
Leader: /CFC Name
Government:
Religion:
Army: 300 men, Poorly Trained, Stone Age
Navy: 3 canoes, Poorly Trained, Stone Age
Economy: Stable
Culture: None
Education: N/A
Confidence in Leader: 7

Have fun and remember to send orders!

Nations
Assyria
Leader: Lektite/Jason the King
Government: Rough Despotism
Religion: Shamanism
Army: 500 men, Poorly Trained, Copper Age
Navy: 3 canoes, Poorly Trained
UU: Tri-Warrior, 15 teams (45 men)
Economy: Recession
Education: Idiotic

Nation Name: Celt
Leader: Brennus / Fëanor
Religion: Druidism
Army: 600 men, Poorly Trained, Copper Age
Navy: 4 canoes, Poorly Trained
UU: Celtic Swordsmen, 100
Culture: Great
Confidence in Leader: 12
Wonders: Circle of Bards (Complete), Stonehenge (3/5)

China
Leader: Win/TheSilentPuma
Religion: Animalism
Army: 300 men, Poorly Trained, Copper Age
Navy: 8 triremes, Poorly Trained
Education: Ignorant
Confidence in Leader: 8

Indus
Leader: Aklar/Azale
Army: 250 men, Poorly Trained, Copper Age
Navy: 2 canoes, Poorly Trained
Economy: Growing
Culture: Bad
Confidence in Leader: 6
Wonders: Ganges Shrine (Complete)

Empire of Rome
Leader: Julius VI/china444
Government: Tribal
Army: 550 men, Poorly Trained, Stone Age
Navy: 10 canoes, Poorly Trained
Confidence in Leader: 4

Media
Leader: King Darius / puglover
Army: 600 men, Poorly Trained, Copper Age
Culture: Average
Wonders: Ishtar Gate (Complete)

Egypt
Leader: AAminion00
Army: 500 men, Poorly Trained, Stone Age
UU: Chariotmen, 25 teams (2 men, 2 horses each)
Confidence in Leader: 9
Wonders: Great Lighthouse of Alexandria (3/4)

Russia
Leader:Czar Peter the Great /Jack_www
Confidence in Leader: 3
Wonders: Statue of Peter the Great (1/4)

South Africa
Leader: Chief Volum
Army: 200 men, Poorly Trained, Copper Age
Wonders: Great Lion Temple (Complete)

America
Leader: Ronald Regan/human-slaughter
Government: Tribal
Army: 250 men, Poorly Trained, Copper Age
Confidence in Leader: 5
Wonders: Constituional Convention (Complete)

-NPC Nations-

Empire of Polynia
Leader: NPC
Government: Rough Monarchy
Religion: Pamanism
Army: 500 men, Poorly Trained, Copper Age
Navy: 3 trireme, Poorly Trained
Confidence in Leader: 8
Wonders: Island Lighthouse (2/5)

Korea
Leader: Pyong Jong Sun/NPC
Army: 350 men, Poorly Trained, Stone Age
Navy: 2 triremes, Poorly Trained

Azteca
Leader: Montezuma/NPC
Army: 400 men, Poorly Trained, Stone Age
UU: Jaguar Warrior, 100
Culture: Good
Education: Bad
Wonders: Great Aztecan Temple (Complete)

Russia
Leader:Czar Peter the Great /NPC
Army: 400 men, Poorly Trained, Copper Age
Education: Idotic
Wonders: Statue of Peter the Great (2/4)

Known Barbarian Tribes
Olmecs-100 men, 2 canoes
Slavs-275 men, 3 canoes

Map

Histographs
coming later

Wars

Alliances

* indicates current alliance

Timeline
4000 BC- Many new civilizations spring up, including Assyria, the Celts, China, Byzantium, Indus, Media, United States, Rome, Azteca, and AAMinionland

3900 BC- The South Africans and Russians are founded as civilizations. Three new wonders are started, in Russia, South Africa, and Azteca. All nations have fairly easy time with expansion. Assyrian and American leaders seem to lack the will to lead.

3800 BC- Many new barbarian tribes spring up, including Assur, Korea, Wales, Bulgaria, Maurya, and Zulu. Some tribes are peaceful, while other are not. Many new wonders are started.

Assyria
Leader: Lektite/Jason the King
Government: Despotism
Religion: Sumerian

Nation Name: Celt
Leader: Brennus / Fëanor
Religion: Druidism

China
Leader: Win/TheSilentPuma

Nation Name: Byzantine
Leader: Emperor Justinian\sheep2
Religion: Hellinistic

Indus
Leader: Aklar/Azale

starts in Delhi

Empire of Rome
Leader: Julius VI/china444
Government: Early Republic
Religion: Beliefs in Gods

Starts in Italy.

I would like to put out a request to be red.

The United States
Leader: Ronald Regan/CivGeneral
Government: Early Republic
Religion: Beliefs in Gods

I'll join later.

@erez-It died, not enough orders.

Also, everyone, read the rules about religion and government, and reread your template, because I noticed alot of your religions and governments are not possible (I think everyone except Azale had something wrong). I will change Despotisms to Rough Despotisms. However, Druidism is an acceptable religion right now, and I will determine benefits later.

Media
Leader: King Darius / puglover

Azteca
Leader: Montezuma/Amirsan
Religion: Beliefs in the Sky God

I dont get it, this nes is twice as complicated as mine and you get as much people that signed to mine in one day when it took me like four... I dont get it...

I am working on story and orders.

AAminionland
Leader: AAminion00
Government: Minionocracy
Religion: Minionism

Starts in Egypt.