New LOTR Unit: Gondor Tower Guard

utahjazz7

Deity
Here's a unit for Gondor to use in the Lord of the Rings scenerio that is under construction. Of course others can use it as well.

Download.

Exelent unit as always utah, though lack of civ colours does tend to limit his usefullness outside a LOTR mod. :(

Perhaps It can be edited... I'll have a go.

Although To qualify the above statement, even without civ colours its still very welcome. :)

It could be a fairly weak colourless mercenary unit for standard games. Like a privateer on land.

There are so much units right now, that lack of civ-colours isnt a problem - whether used in medieval or fantasy mod, it can serve as civ-specific unit.

I would like to say:

good units are allways appreciated. I'd rather use good looking units than use good looking colours. ;)

But civ-colours never hurt anybody :)

Just like hard work has never killed anybody (but why take the risk).

Unfortunately, I couldn't place civ-specific markings on him without changing the look of the unit. It just wouldn't have the same feel if there were bright blue markings all over.

To get this thread away from civ colours a second, I'd like to say that he are very welcome into this hard cold world. ;) Thank you, "mellon". :D

I don't think most of you understand the painstaking process of creating units. To go back and redo the unit for minor things is long difficult work. Perhaps someone with some skills at pallattes could go and change the colors. I don't think it's reasonable to ask Utah to redo the unit for just the colors. I believe most unit creators have stopped posting previews of their units cuz they are constantly being asked to go back and redo things that are already done. I think this is an excellent unit. I also agree, however, that civ colors are nice.

The unit does look pretty neat, but no civ specific colors really limits its use.
Utah, I agree with you that seeing him dressed in pink is quite funny:crazyeye: .I would make the black part of the shield color specific, and perhaps the sword handle.
Anyways, the choice is yours.

Originally posted by Kindred72
I don't think most of you understand the painstaking process of creating units. To go back and redo the unit for minor things is long difficult work. Perhaps someone with some skills at pallattes could go and change the colors. I don't think it's reasonable to ask Utah to redo the unit for just the colors. I believe most unit creators have stopped posting previews of their units cuz they are constantly being asked to go back and redo things that are already done. I think this is an excellent unit. I also agree, however, that civ colors are nice.
The answer to that would be to post the previews earlier before any rendering and animations are started. This way the adoring public can get their two cents in before the real labor begins. :)

Originally posted by Nder

The answer to that would be to post the previews earlier before any rendering and animations are started. This way the adoring public can get their two cents in before the real labor begins. :)

I'm making these units because I want them, and I make them toward an end that I will be pleased with. So, if I'm stuck, and I need suggestions, I'll ask. However, if I know what I want to do, I'll make the unit that way.

Since this unit was made specifially for the LOTR mod, I don't feel that it needs civ-specific markings. Everyone palying the mod, in my opinion, would recognize this unit as belonging to the Gondor civilization.

At the same time, if someone would like to use the unit outside the context of the LOTR mod, they are welcome to do so. I gladly offer the unit "as is." If someone feels that the unit needs civ-specific color, they may add it to the unit.

wow im going to have to use this as a replacement for the lame Medieval Infantry.

:)

Great unit !:goodjob:

Your units are always welcome !utahjazz7 ! they are beautiful ! And they have the first place in my unit library ( with Dompredro II ones ... )

:D

Great unit , when can we expect some more of your brilliant LOTR units. By the way I think your lack of civ specific colours is a great idea, I find that the best units are only used by one civilization, this gives each civilization its own unique feel. Therefore what does it matter if the colours are not civ specific, as you know who owns it just by looking. Also sometimes we see that the addition of civ colours spoils the overall feel of a unit.

Top Bottom