New Unit: Global Terrorist

Ekmek

on steam: ekmek_e
I'm not trying to minimize the events of 9/11 or terrorism in general but trying to add this to the game.

This is really just a mix of Abu Bakr and papajohns' Globemaster plane death.flc
Recommend this be a Hidden Natl unit with a VERY long if not infinite bombard range. Dont use range attack anim. Flag as a cruise missile so its destroyed after attacking.

www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/Globalterrorist.zip

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that posting PTW unit art was illegal. Or did Firaxis say it is ok to do so now?
If so, then I may have some new unit ideas.

Originally posted by Padma
I don't believe PTW artwork is allowed to be used, yet. We are checking on that right now.
That's good. I have a colour conversion of the Abu Bakr king unit I'd like to post (as a magician, with the "hand waving" fidget as the "spell" AttackA).

Originally posted by mrtn
That's good. I have a colour conversion of the Abu Bakr king unit I'd like to post (as a magician, with the "hand waving" fidget as the "spell" AttackA).

I WANT IT :)

:)

I totally agree with Padma... We are living difficult times and I think it's not good to present a terrorist under a specific civilization face ... If you consider it's interesting to simulate terrorism in CIV III, I would like to suggest to use a neutral unit ....but everyone is free ....

Once again...a terrorist unit has to have some skin colour and come from some culture group. Would anyone have given pause for though if this unit had been white?

Originally posted by zulu9812
Once again...a terrorist unit has to have some skin colour and come from some culture group. Would anyone have given pause for though if this unit had been white?

yes ...me ... It's not a question of civilization ... If I good remember the terrorist in CTP II was a masked man ...very neutral ..but like I said every one is free ...

:D

Originally posted by zulu9812

Anybody ever thought about Sunburned Englishman on Halloween??? Btw. Ekmek; why don't you use the lovelly looking DC-10 unit (uhm- or better ask its maker first if you'd be allowed to use it in this "combination")

I like it too, but couldn't it be more like the Crazy Ivan or something?
btw, Crazy Ivan is a Russian guy w/dynamite sticks.

Originally posted by DragynLord
I like it too, but couldn't it be more like the Crazy Ivan or something?
btw, Crazy Ivan is a Russian guy w/dynamite sticks.

:lol: Kaneshna, Tovarich DragynLord - I C U R trying 2 get away from the cliché- I wonder why nobody has made a crazy, blond, blue-eyed scientist wis a haarsch butt funny Gschermann akcent - after a certain German unit is enslaved by the Americans this "von UU" (Dr. Strangelove, anyone?) would appear- and from that moment on the US would be able to build Nuclear weapons, and afterwards repopulate the planet at a 1000% growth rate; 1/10 ratio (men/women) :p

Top Bottom