All C3C Resources in One

Seems a lot of people in the main C&C and Conquests forums are requesting the use of all the scenario resources, so I thought I'd make it easy. Here's the file you guys need.

Shadows are included.

C3C Resources

And a preview:

Very nice:goodjob:

btw am I the only one who noticed Firaxis included a fan made resource in C3C, the sheep.

Hahaha! Whoever will use it will encounter the resource overflow bug (not because of the file of course, but the number of resources). Actually it's good, maybe if more players complain about it they'll finally fix it :rolleyes: I hate this bug.

Regarding sheep: doesn't that "fan created" resource come from Civ2? The oasis also looks familiar.

Originally posted by embryodead
Regarding sheep: doesn't that "fan created" resource come from Civ2? The oasis also looks familiar.
Dunno I just know that its been available for quite some time on the net. If it is civ2 I think Firaxis should smack themself, really copying graphics from the old game is a bit cheesy. Its still a nice resource though;)

Originally posted by embryodead
Hahaha! Whoever will use it will encounter the resource overflow bug (not because of the file of course, but the number of resources). Actually it's good, maybe if more players complain about it they'll finally fix it :rolleyes: I hate this bug.

Huh? I've added ten new resources in my own personal mod to C3C without problems. In fact, I used this file to make a mod for Inforcer so he could have all those resources. He hasn't told me of any problems. Actually, he said thanks for all the new resources in his games. He loves 'em. Hmm . . . you'll have to explain this one. :confused:

--CK

Originally posted by Colonel Kraken

Huh? I've added ten new resources in my own personal mod to C3C without problems. In fact, I used this file to make a mod for Inforcer so he could have all those resources. He hasn't told me of any problems. Actually, he said thanks for all the new resources in his games. He loves 'em. Hmm . . . you'll have to explain this one. :confused:
--CK

Yes, I guess I have to ;) This bug appears only in some cases, but after some time it's unavoidable. It happens only if you have more than 32 resources in game, and a city (or group of cities) not connected to a capital, is connected to a resource(s). Then, that city/cities will get a magical resource out of nowhere (resource nr x+32, where x is the existing resource nr). This resource will appear in all city/trade boxes.. if it's a luxury it will provide happy faces etc.

Just do it:
Build a lone city (not a capital of course) on a Horse resource. You should get a "bonus" Jade. Build a city on Iron.. you should get a Tar too. These magical resources are cumulative, and appear even if you don't know the tech to see them.

I tested it in C3C and they didn't fix it :( (it was reported long time ago).

Solution to this problem is to place bonus resources in places 1-11 and 33-43, while strategic and luxuries in places 12-32. It's a bit complicated but it works and doesn't affect the game in any way. Oh and if you have more than 43 resources, then there is really no solution, I think ;)

EDIT: if you wonder how often does it happen... well just think how often you sent a settler from your capital to claim a horse or iron.
ps. and I hope I you didn't get me wrong in the first post, I really *do* hope that this bug gets fixed, but so far it had little attention since not many people play with more than 32 resources.

Ah, so you have to be a resource pig and add so many resources to the game nobody knows what to do with 'em. ;)

Thanks, Embryo. Thanks for the explanation. I'm glad all this information is finally compiled in one, logical place. :)

--CK

Originally posted by Kal-el
what is the resource overflow bug?

It's only my name for something that I described two posts above. You should know, it's actually DyP Team that discovered it long time ago, so I've been told ;) (by Isak).

Great Work Colonel ! Just what I have been looking for :) It's possible for you make an "easy to see" version as well?

Hi Colonel,

I meant a version with labels & icons like the ones made by Tae Shala... if its not too much trouble of course.

Originally posted by Jin23
Hi Colonel,

I meant a version with labels & icons like the ones made by Tae Shala... if its not too much trouble of course.

Oh, I see. Well, the problem with that is I don't know how much each new resource is going to be worth in your own personal mod. But if you want to let me know the values I may be able to put something together for you. :)

--CK

Thanks for helping me out ! :)

It would be good if you put a smiley for each of the standard 8 luxury resources and a letter badge for the 8 standard strategic ones (all of the conquest resources will be bonus resources in my mod).

Thanks for your efforts, Colonel! I like Jin23's most recent request regarding the addition of simple smileys/badges. If you could please make that addition it would be really great.

I added most of them and added wood. I didn´t enlarged the resources number of spaces, so there will be no problem with the overflows I think.

Attachments

• resources.gif
    resources.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 3,673
Originally posted by raen
I added most of them and added wood. I didn´t enlarged the resources spaces, so there will be no problem with the overflows I think.

The file:

Attachments

• notallc3cresources.zip
    14.6 KB · Views: 331
Top Bottom