Wiz04 - Cultural domination!

Ankka

Deity
This is an insane idea that just bumped into my head a while ago: We are heading for domination, but we aren't allowed to capture cities by any other means than culture or in making peace. Also, we aren't allowed to raze cities in war, only defend. :crazyeye:

Player roster: [Full]

Rik Meleet
vbraun
gormdragan
bede
Wizard

Level: Regent
World: Pangaea, standard, min water, flat, max opponents (7)

Cultural, Diplomatic and Space Race victories are OFF.

This will be played in original Civ III, version 1.29f.

Can you give us details on this game?

Otherwise sounds fun :thumbsup:

BTW, This isnt a sign up untill i see the game peramiters.

This is an insane idea that just bumped into my head a while ago: We are heading for domination, but we aren't allowed to capture cities by any other means than culture or in making peace. Also, we aren't allowed to raze cities in war, only defend.

It has been done before. See Sirian's result in Epic 13. This is doable (for some).

Be fun to see if five or six of us could do it. I'd like to sign up if it's 1.29, not PTW or Conquests.

Ok, I see it has been done... So why shouldn't we try it again? :D

I don't really have the experience needed to know what to the setting should be... So I need a lot of advice etc.

I think this should be played on Regent, but it sure depends on who is gonna play. Vanilla Civ 1.29f sounds good, too. :)

So, please post hints and "I'm in"-s. :)

Sounds good. Regent. I can do that.

Sign me up. :)

Id perfer to do it in C3C.

Hold on a second one of my friends has my Vannila Civ3 CD :eek: I'll have to let him borrow my PTW CD instead.

Ok, I'll update the first post. :)

What do you think of world settings? I mean, continents, archipelago or pangaea and water amount? Etc.

Originally posted by Wizard

What do you think of world settings? I mean, continents, archipelago or pangaea and water amount? Etc.

We should use a Pangea Map. Becasue it might be a little hard to get a city on another continent...

Originally posted by Wizard

Pangaea would be best; the opponents cities are closer in general, thus increasing the chances of flips. Also our pillaging explorers, which we definetely need, gain access to nearly all pillagable tiles. But personally I detest using a pike / musket / rifle / infantry army as the "safe spot" for explorers to start from, pillage and return to in 1 turn. The AI will usually not attack an army and using armies + explorers that way I consider an exploit. I have no problem with using SoD of defensive units as "safe spots", but not armies.

Some extra rules: We can't abandon, donate or give up cities by building workers in size 1 or settlers in size 2 cities. If we "gain" a city we aren't allowed to starve it down. This is in line with our peaceful attitude to never harm a city. Units can be destroyed at will, anywhere, except in cities.

Please turn off Cultural victory and perhaps Space Race and Diplomacy, although the latter shouldn't be a burden on Regent. We aren't able to recapture cities easily, so we must build up culture and that might cause an undesired Cultural Victory. Space Race victory might come too soon and we have no real possibility to destroy or take over a capitol.

Sounds like a cool idea :cool:. Wish I could sign up but I am up to my neck on SGs and I need to offload a few before I will sign up anymore. :sad:

@Rik

Hehe, this would have been a nice "peaceful" game I might have played. Next time. :D

Change of heart :love2: Sign me up...I'll drop another SG (that has not moved for almost a month).

Wiz,

Bede's in.

How about Standard, Panagea, 20% land, wet, temperate, flat, max opponents, and Monarch?

FYI: The rules for RB-Civ13

Ok, gunnertxr and gorm are in. :D

Seems like we got a full roster without even advertizing this in the register SG's- thread...

And let's see... Pangaea, expansionist civ...

Ok, I'll hold you up until you can play. :)

And the correct player order: (Unless someone wants a change)

Rik Meleet
vbraun (Away until 30. of Nov)
gunnertxr
gormdragan
bede
Wizard (me)

And, as I'm not into making maps, the first one to say "got it" will get to make it and play the first 20 turns and the order will then continue from that. :)

Notice: Strict 24/48 rule applied, if you don't post in that time the turn automatically goes to next person in row.

And, if you for some reason get banned (I don't think anybody here is in danger, but still...;)), please PM me, so I can drop you off the round until you're back.

OK. I'll start.

I'll play Saturday November 29th. I'll generate the map (Pangaea, standard, min water, flat, max opponents) and switch off Cultural, Diplomatic and Space Race victories.

I suggest we also pick our civ randomly (or do you prefer an expansionistic civ?).

Do you want me to post a screenshot of our starting position before I play ? I can post one friday evening (that's in 24 hours).

Any comments or requests are welcome.

random sounds good :D

Looking forward to this SG. :goodjob:

Expansionist would be good, otherwise go for it vbraun, screenshot or no!

Top Bottom