New Units: Troll Pack

Kindred72

Vampire
Ok, the first troll is meant to be a replacement for my original Cave Troll found here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50337. The original one I did was too big and poorly rendered (as it was one of my first units) So I redid it. I called this one LOTRTroll to avoid confusing them. The new Cave troll is here:

Cave Troll

The Second Troll is smaller and meaner :D I've called him Guardian Troll, but you can call him whatever you like.

He is here: Guardian Troll

And finally to show the Height differences between my original troll and this one:

Love the feeling of weight Guardian troll's attack has.

Lookin' great. :goodjob:

I recognize this troll.... ;)

It looks very good. :goodjob:

I don't have a fantasy mod, so it's not much use to me, but hopefully someone will find a use for it in their mod/scenario, and then I can download it and play with it. :cool:

Thats the evil warrior troll :D

Good job, those trolls, Kindred :)

neat-o!
:goodjob:

:aargh: You are too good at this. Just when I think I have all the fantasy monsters I need for my mod, you have to make more and then I have to figure out how to put them in. Luckily I have a place for these brutes already. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kindred72 - nice work as always. The Guardian Troll is a bit dark and I think that hides some of the great subtle motion of the unit, but you will not see me pulling it out of my game. These two units inspired me to mod a new civilization this weekend using fantasy units. (The wife was out of town) As always I'm very impressed with the quality of work. Thanks

Originally posted by The Great Quan
Kindred72 - nice work as always. The Guardian Troll is a bit dark and I think that hides some of the great subtle motion of the unit, but you will not see me pulling it out of my game. These two units inspired me to mod a new civilization this weekend using fantasy units. (The wife was out of town) As always I'm very impressed with the quality of work. Thanks

Thanks for the kind words. It's people like you that keep people like me working. Yes, he is a little too dark. I wanted to create something different. The tatoos on his "skin" don't show up well and just make him look dark. But, I guess I succeeded in making him look different.;)

I like it that he's darker. He will be a good Bugbear warrior for my Thar civ in my mod.

I thought your earlier cave troll was great as is, and just wanted another smaller, regular troll! But I’m certainly not complaining, thanks for the hard work and effort you put into these!
:goodjob:

@PCHighway. I did this for you guys. I hope this is small enough for ya and what you wanted. I eagerly await the LOTR mod.:cool:

Kindred72-
@PCHighway. I did this for you guys. I hope this is small enough for ya and what you wanted. I eagerly await the LOTR mod.:cool:
And thanks a bunch for it! The only thing I am sorry for is how long the lotr mod has taken :(. Hopefully we will have it up and working (in a beta at least) and be able to see all your great units in their native habitat:)! I would give anything to see your Hobbit taking one of these suckers down in the final battle of the War of the Ring! maybe we can use the third as an Olog-hai upgrade for Mordor. :confused:
I hope we can get the mod out soon, and your help is of course always appreciated!
Thanks again:).

Originally posted by Kindred72
Yeah, I didn't notice it til I was done. Too minor to fix I think.
I don't think we will see the attack endlessly repeating like that in the game. Especially not on a magenta terrain;)
No worries, mate! :goodjob:

You mean the 3rd as in the original? I was thinking the Olog-hai were larger than standard trolls. Correct me if I'm wrong as I know you guys will.;)

No, when I said original, I meant the one with original under it’s image;). That would be the first unit in the 3rd preview pic Kindred72 posted up there. You see, he made the original Cave Troll quite some time back- and the Cave Troll here is meant to replace it, if I am not mistaken. But the more troll variations the better I say. So perhaps we can use his original Cave Troll for an Olog-Hai. Or we can switch it around a bit, and use Kindred’s great Guardian Troll as simply a ‘troll’ and his new Cave Troll as an Olog-Hai.
This is one complication that I actually like thinking about:)!

Top Bottom