LK59 - Simply Deity

LKendter

Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!!
Supporter
World Size = Small
Land - trying 30%, not my typical 40%.
Continents with warm, wet, 5 million.
NOT culturally linked, NO restarting players.
Difficulty = Deity
Barbarians = NONE -
# Civs = 6 (including us)
Civilization = One of the new civs - open for discussion.
Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.

Signed up:
LKendter

The following tactics are PROHIBITED:

RoP Rape - if you have to ask...

RoP Abuse that includes things such as irrigating all tiles with a city building wonders, denying resources with a RoP, putting a unit to block a land bridge, etc.

Scout resource denial - parking a scout on a resource, as the AI won't ask scouts to leave. The same scenario also applies to workers.

False Peace Treaties (must wait for the 20 years to end).

The negative science exploit - you can run a huge deficit (-250 / turn) of negative cash with a token penalty of one lost worker / cheap building. If cash will go below zero, the research level must be dropped.

Ship chaining exploit - you can move a ship, unload troops to another ship, move that ship, etc. This allows you to ship an indefinite distance, and that is why I consider it an exploit.

Resources disconnect / connect exploit - I consider most resource tactics fine. Delaying to hook a resource, trading it away etc is fine. The exploit is to do this every turn. Build a stack of horses, connect saltpeter, upgrade to cavalry, and disconnect.

Palace Jump - You abandon the capital city to move the palace to a new location. If you want to move the palace, build a new palace.

Standard LK house rules:
1) Worker automation of any kind is prohibited.
2) No worker purchases for the first 50 turns of the game.
3) Declaring war / demanding leave solely for the purpose of getting out of trade deals.
4) Even if not covered under exploits listed, please try not to use tactics that take advantage of holes in the game design.
5) Our trading reputation is golden - please respect it.
6) Complete your turn. It is frustrating to get a 1/2 completed turn.

I'd like to play please.
I would like to play as the Portugese as I have not played a seafaring Civ and a naval UU strikes me as interesting.

The patch level will be 1.15. This patch claims to finally have a correct working FP. This game should hopefully prove it.

Signed up:
LKendter
mad-bax

I didn't make it clear above - previous deity win please

@Arizona_Steve - I didn't sign you up. Your comments above didn't sound like a sign up. Correct me if I am wrong.

Signed up:
LKendter
mad-bax
Aggie
T-hawk
Just one slot left - It looks like I start it tonight.

The Dutch were already played in a LK game. It won't be the Dutch. I may lean toward a civ not being played in a RBC game right now.

Would you have me ?

Not as illustrious as the other players, but I have a few diety wins.

Grimjack

Signed up:
LKendter
mad-bax
Aggie
T-hawk
Grimjack

This game is FULL. I will start it tonight.

I changed to sedentary barbs. It is really silly to play an expansionistic civ without huts.

4000 BC
All I can say is moo.

3900 BC
We pop a hut and get $25. :(

3300 BC
We finally make a first contact - Korea. All we can do is to sell them Pottery for $35.

3150 BC
We pop another hut and get maps. :(

Summary:
Lisbon is set for growth in 5, and granary in 4. We have a decent amount of land with cows and deer. My only worry is another civ on this continent.

We are going to quickly want a boat - I can spot a border on the land mass just south of the double sugar area.

LKendter
Mad-bax (currently playing)
Aggie (on deck)
T-hawk
Grimjack
Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/LK59-3000BC.zip

Got it.
I'm on GMT, so expect the turnlog around 11pm tonight GMT.

3000BC: Pre-turn checks OK.
I don't think we'll get the dyes guys.

(2) 2900BC:
MM Lisbon to get the granary a turn earlier for the cost of one food.
IBT: Lisbon Granary - Settler

(6) 2710BC: Lux to 30% for one turn
IBT:
Lisbon Settler - Settler

(9) 2590BC:
Found Oporto - warrior

(10) 2550BC:
25g from hut

EOT:

Our Island

>>The save<<

EDIT:
Normally I would put a granary in Oporto directly after the warrior, but since we can definitely get a contact using a boat, in this case I would build a Curragh next.

I agree that getting curraghs is vital being seafaring. I would have liked one earlier though.

Got it.

EDIT: I want to send the settler west to the dyes spot first. I figure that the other spots are relatively save. Is that OK?

Turn 1 (2510 BC) :sleep:

Turn 2 (2470 BC) Lisbon: settler->curragh. I veto my own idea and move towards the gems, game north of Lisbon.

Turn 3 (2430 BC) The warrior from Oporto goes west to scout.

Turn 4 (2390 BC) Oporto: warrior->warrior.

Turn 5 (2350 BC) Lisbon: curragh->settler

Turn 6 (2310 BC) Guimaraes founded and starts warrior.

Turn 7 (2270 BC) We meet the Sumerians, who don't know Alphabet, but have Bronze, Warrior Code, Ceremonial Burial and Masonry over us. Korea has Bronze, Warrior Code The Wheel and Masonry.

- Sumerians give CB for Alpha and 47 gold. They know Mysticism as well
- Korea gives The Wheel for CB and 177 gold.
- Sumerians give me Bronze and 9 gold for The Wheel. Korea knows Iron Working

We have horses just NW of Lisbon

Turn 8 (2230 BC) Our scouts found the end of the continent and return.

Turn 9 (2190 BC) Lisbon: settler->warrior. I send the settler west. Oporto: warrior->granary. The warrior in the west sees a Korean settler/warrior pair.

Turn 10 (2150 BC) We meet the Russians and Vikings. They have Masonry, WC, IW, Mystisicm, Writing. Sumeria lacks IW. Korea lacks Mysticism.

-The Vikings give us Writing for 7 gpt and 100 gold
-Korea gives us IW, WC and 174 gold for Writing
-Sumeria give us Masonry and Mystisicm for 48 gold, IW and Writing

Russia and Scandinavia know HBR as well. The rest is level with us. Iron is three tiles NE of Lisbon. I set research to Philo, ready in 19 turns at 80% science and -8gpt. We have 235 gold in cash.

The Korean settler/warrior pair appears to be moving north and not to the dyes. I block their road with the warrior.

The world:

2150 BC save

Top Bottom