City Graphics: Latin American Cities

Emperor Xerxes

Custom User Title? NEVER!
Following a recent request I have produced Latin (Southern) American cities that could be used for a Brazillian civilization or ascenerio for example. I have only produced the set for the modern era but if anyone wants them for all eras I may consider producing Middle and/or industrial age ones (ancient ones would just be like the default ones).

Enjoy.

***UPDATE***

The download now is my final version of my Latin American city graphics. A preview is about 11 posts down.

***UPDATE***

Walled city download and preview now available on second page...

***UPDATE 05/06/04***

-I have not been on the downloads part for some time and it has come to my attention that the download for this city set is not working.

-If anyone wants to use them for a mod they are more than welcome, all I ask for is some acknowledgement in any mod that uses them.

-The download for both the cities and the walled cities can be found on page 2

This is what the set looks like:

Attachments

• rlatinamer.gif
    rlatinamer.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 2,015
Its begining to look good,and if you are going to make ancient grapics,you could put big huts and some some stone temples.The Tupi citys(Ancient indians of South America that lived on Brazil) didn´t had stone temple only huts.The american city grapics works to the Aztecs,Incas and Mayas,but the indians of the amazon didn´t had stone temples.I think that if you put an city grapic´s with only huts it would be better.

I downloaded it and it looks nice but it needs to work on it a little bit more!

Originally posted by Corey<PHT>
I downloaded it and it looks nice but it needs to work on it a little bit more!
Can you also bother to tell what actually needs work?

And, can you also please stop the spam? You have risen every dead thread that there's out there.

About the graphics: I love them. A "lush" version would be great, though, to go together with the lush city graphics mod.

Truth be told this is an early prototype.

Any work that needs doing on it probably means the metropolis doesn't fit on the screen perhaps in the game?

Anyway, I shall try to produce all eras but I will need a week or so to research what the middle and industrial era cities in real life were like. But the ancient one sounds easy enough; I mean your right Vasilli its really only for Aztecs, Maya and Inca. Having it for the Iroqouis was pushing it abit but thats another rant.

My work is nearly complete, this is a preview of my progress so far:

(please note that the 1st download at the moment is only a prototype of modern, the real set is still underway)

Attachments

• rlatin.gif
    rlatin.gif
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,448
Those ancient cities look beautiful, but wouldn't you put the top on the temple in the first one as well. It looks a bit out of place now without any shadow whatsoever on top or you could color the a bit more perhaps to simulate irragularities and stuff on the flat roof?

Originally posted by SpincruS
Can you also bother to tell what actually needs work?

And, can you also please stop the spam? You have risen every dead thread that there's out there.

About the graphics: I love them. A "lush" version would be great, though, to go together with the lush city graphics mod.
Emperor Xerxes told by him self.And I think that the metropolis should look bigger because latin-american cities reminds me on mexico city that is hugeee!!

Please note that I have NOT tested any of these in the game. They will work because I used the original pallete but as is often with the case of my cities some of them may go off the screen slightly in the actual game. If this is the case I can try and change it when I have time, a screenshot of any problems will be required.

These look really really great. But perhaps you could add some smokestacks or industrial-type buildings to the industrial ones so they blend in with the other cities?

Top Bottom