Changes and Additions to Conquests

smsbear

Chieftain
I have been playing conquests for the past couple months. As I have discovered all the new aspects such as new resources, units, governments and sceneros I can't help but find things that suck!
The first change I thought about was the trading of new untradable resources. For instance; Sugar, Tobacco, Tropical Fruit, Corn, Cacao, and Salt. I think it would only be historically correct, (for a game that strives to be somewhat histrically correct), to be able to trade these resources.
The second change would be an additional feature. An option that allows you to upgrade all units at once on the military advisor screen. I find it time consuming having to upgrade each unit at a time.
The third change would be to the barbarians. I think that they become out-dated while venturing thru the 19th and 20th century and beyond. If the game continues to add on more civilizations, maybe they need to add terrorists to the mix. I find it pityful that you would still be batting the Saxons in the year 2010. I thing the barbarians should be able to evolve and have the same opportunities for sabotage that we have against other civs.
The fourth change would be the option to name continents, islands, oceans, seas, lakes or any body of land in which you control. Kind of the same option you have now to rename any unit, we could have the option to name the body of land you live on, other than the city name which inhabits it.
I just thought some of these ideas would be interesting to ponder. I also thought of adding new more modern or more historically relevant leaders to the civilizations.
Well there it is.........tell me what you guys think.

The only thing they could be used for would be luxuries, and that would just give too many luxury resources.

Your second request already has been fulfilled. Upgrade all (SHIFT-U or CTRL-U, I dont know which) upgrades all units of the same type, if they can be upgraded (e.g. in a city with barracks, enough money.)

I personally think there is too much of everything. Too many useless civ's, seriously is civ 4 going to have like 400 new civs to choose from? If they keep giving more of everything else, ie. units, wonders, unit/worker actions, I think they should let you trade anything on the map, even if there is 50 different resources.

Top Bottom