Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION III > Civ3 - General Discussions

Old Feb 19, 2004, 08:09 PM   #1
Juardis
Chieftain

Question Disbanding to speed up production

Hi all, just got C3C last week. Been playing C3 for only a couple months and decided to get the expansion. Didn't realize how different the expansion would be so I'm definitely riding up the learning curve.

I RTFM, I tried to do a search here (I guess it's been disabled?), but I can't find an answer to my question. In C3, I could disband units in a city and the shields would go towards the current project being built. So I could easily build a temple in a corrupted city by disbanding excessive units in it. Worked with WoW as well.

In C3C, since MGL can no longer complete a WoW in one turn, I thought I'd outfox the game and build a palace to near completion, then when it is almost complete shift production to a WoW. I suppose I could complete the palace with a MGL, then immediately shift it to a WoW, but I don't have an MGL. So I want to disband units to speed up the palace. Problem is, disbanding units no longer seems to speed up production. I checked the bug list, didn't see this mentioned as a bug (or even listed as NAB).

So disbanding no longer contributes shields to the current production? Or am I missing some key step here?

TIA
Juardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2004, 08:17 PM   #2
Chieftess

Disbanding units (and chopping down forests) was fixed in vanilla Civ3. Now, when you add shields like that, you can't switch to a new wonder.
How to upload multiple files to a post | File Upload | Paint Shop Pro 3.11 shareware (screenshot util - doesn't expire) | Chieftess' Culture Flip Calc | Don't wind up like this AI! | resource icons file To download a patch: Select "Advanced" from the main menu, and go to "Check for Updates". || My Web Journal (yes, it's a "blog")
Chieftess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2004, 08:29 PM   #3
Juardis
Chieftain

?

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you just said. I have Civ3 patched to 1.29f. I disband units in a city, it contributes all it's shields to the current production. I am 100% positive about that. So when you say "fixed in vanilla Civ3", what do you mean?

Now I'm playing Conquests. I disband a unit in a city, NO shields go towards production. You make it sound like I do add shields, but if I do, then I cannot switch production to a wonder. /me more confused now
Old Feb 19, 2004, 09:01 PM   #4
Speedo
Esse Quam Videri

Disbanding units won't help towards a palace or any wonder.

It does help with city improvements and units.
Speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2004, 09:05 PM   #5
Admiral_Tarton
Tactical Enforcer

Welcome to CFC!
Admiral_Tarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2004, 10:08 PM   #6
Juardis
Chieftain

thank you berry much

dang, i just tested disbanding with palaces and you're correct (not that I doubted you mind you ). thanks for the replies.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 07:05 AM   #7
Qpdaj
Warlord

What you can do with the Palace is "pre-build" wonders; if you know there's a wonder you want to build, but don't have the technology for it yet, set a city to build the palace, and then (so long as you haven't rushed it in any way) when you get the tech, switch to the wonder.
Qpdaj is offline   Reply With Quote