Zoroastrism

Rufus T. Firefly

Rufus is coming in town!
Zoroaster was a great religious leader of Persia, his phylosophy was one of the most important believe on the middle east.

Remember: You must have the caos in you to create a dancing star!

Special tanks to Ukas 4 the tripode. :)

Preview:

Splash:

File:

Attachments

• zoroaster.zip
    88.4 KB · Views: 442
Well I heard of Zoroastrism.. the first monotheistic religion. What other religious wonders are you gonna create?

I'd like to see a wonder for:
B'ahaism
Jainism
Hinduism
Sikhism

:goodjob: Your work is great like always.

EDIT: Now with all these religious wonders I think I am going to attempt applying religion into the game. Like governments religions will give bonuses and can be changed after times. Different religions render other religions obsolete.

Perhaps for Christianity, Islam, and Buddhism will be contained to small wonders available to all civilizations and smaller religions like Jainism, Judaism, and Mithraism will be made into great wonders so they're available to only one civ.

I could possible make religions civ-specific too. Any ideas?

Zoroastrainism isn't really "monotheistic" but a "dualisitic" religion with gods on two opposing sides - the Amesha Spentas (Good) and the Daevas (Evil). The supreme deity of the Zoroastrianisms is Ahura Mazda (thus Zoroastrianism is sometimes called "Mazdaism"). :)

What could be one of the earliest "monotheistic" religions is the religion of the Pharaoh Akhenaten in which the one and only true god is the sun "Aten." Speaking of which, how about adding a "Tel el-Amarna" wonder as well? :) Tel el-Amarna was the site of Akhenaten's temple to his god Aten.

I LOVE this wonder! :D

Originally posted by Mobilize
Well I heard of Zoroastrism.. the first monotheistic religion. What other religious wonders are you gonna create?

I'd like to see a wonder for:
B'ahaism
Jainism
Hinduism
Sikhism

:goodjob: Your work is great like always.

EDIT: Now with all these religious wonders I think I am going to attempt applying religion into the game. Like governments religions will give bonuses and can be changed after times. Different religions render other religions obsolete.

Perhaps for Christianity, Islam, and Buddhism will be contained to small wonders available to all civilizations and smaller religions like Jainism, Judaism, and Mithraism will be made into great wonders so they're available to only one civ.

I could possible make religions civ-specific too. Any ideas?

this, the mithraeic, and hopefull a religion for isis (as well as a Mithreaum, or a special temple to Mithra, like how a cathedral will be a special temple for christianity) are for my big ass map project, which will also be a scenario chrocalling the west in th edark ages- one fo the things I hope to get into it is the choice in religions- at the beginning of the dark ages, christianity was far from beinbg a popular religion, and if constantine had not converted, and enforced his religon upoin the people* it is VERETY likelly that it would be Mithraism that would be the great religon of western europe today- I plan to relfect this in the scenario, by makeing different religns have different advantages and disadvantages- with wonders producing a good deal of it- perhaps even with a an attending government

*(or ratherset it up so that 3 rulers down the lien that happend- constantien was only guilty of makeing the government baised towrds, and bribeing the populace to be chrsitian)

I featuring religion in my personal mod using flavors and different religious resources, which appear with monotheism.

These are Kaaba, Buddha or Dalai Lama, Totem and oh hell I make it an own thread

Neat :) I had an idea to represent this with the Tower of Silence, as a wonder, since it was and is an actual structure :D but I think I like your symbolism, :) very nice!

Persian great wonder! Thanks. :goodjob:

Originally posted by Ankka
:godjob: Good stuff

Well, maybe good or even great job but I don't know about the God job...:p :lol:

Anyway, Great building. Going into my game already.

[off-topic]
@Rufus: I just noticed that you have missed one Ukas' wonder with your splashes:p. I mean the Broadcasting company.
[/off-topic]

Top Bottom