The TMT's worker animations

The TMT

Warlord
Modern Worker Paradrop

Request by Pawel.

Preview (It runs MUCH faster in the game):

File: Download

Thanks to PODKLOWN, who fixed the palette.

I have a couple more worker animations on my list, depending on whether I can get them to work or not.

Modern Worker Fortify and Attack

My next animation. I know one has already been done, but it didn't have a fortify animation and I'm hoping to make one that can link Ekmek's and mine together. I thought that it would be interesting to have a crouching atttack.

Preview:

Poor worker he cant just stay on the ground or on a boat, now he also have to jump out of an aircraft lol

THE TMT It looks good :goodjob:

I'm getting a red x for the preview! :(

Now it's working too. Stupid demonic computer. Sorry about that, wish I knew what the deal was.

I'll check it in a minute, but it's done straight over the Paratrooper, so unless that's also off centre it should be fine.

OK, I tested the unit in game, and it looks very nice!

I only discovered one minor detail. You used the .ini file from vanilla civ. Unfortunately, the modern time version was the only one that had a bug, which was fixed in PTW. The correct version can thus be found in that directory (even in Conquests). Just to make life simpler I attach the updated version below. :)

Attachments

• worker modern times.zip
    678 bytes · Views: 191
I also tried to add the drop sound from the WWII paratrooper from Conquests. Unfortunately it seems that he hits the ground a few frames earlier than the original paratrooper (which had no sound) upon which you based the worker drop, but I post this version as well just for fun. Maybe it can be useful for any future paradrop animations? ;)

Attachments

• worker modern times with drop sound.zip
    695 bytes · Views: 161
Actually, I checked the WWII paratrooper (just paratrooper in Conquests - the old version is now called Modern Paratrooper :crazyeye: ), and it looks just the same, so I think one can use the sound here as well! At least that's what I will do! :)

Yes, I couldn't agree with you more! I only meant that the noise I thought was supposed to be when the feet of the new WWII paratrooper touch the ground comes just a little earlier, as in the case of the original animation and TMT's nice worker drop.

Actually, I think that this is a most useful animation. It allows realistic operations when small water obstacles. One worker can build an air base on one side of the water, and then the next can jump across and establish another. Other units can then be flown in, to support.

In this context it may be interesting to note that I am a big fan of disabling the airlifting capability of heavy units, such as tanks and mech infantry. Never in the history of the world has there existed a significant capability to fly in heavy equipent in significant numbers. With this restriction, however, foot soldiers again become interesting, and the above mentioned possibilities makes a more diverse force composition more appealing.

The TMT, the Paradrop for the Worker can be very useful:cool:
...IF you want it, I removed the extra pixels and adjusted the parachute (mainly on the Right Side). Due to the parachute being close to the edge of the Frame it caused this problem. It was not greatly noticeable but thought I would offer you the adjustment and the parachute Opening Sound. Thanks for doing the Paradrop for the Worker:goodjob:

The Zip is 50.1 KB

I did not include the .INI ...because this can be adjusted as wanted.

Attachments

• workerdrop_dropsound_ini.zip
    50.2 KB · Views: 200
Does anyone have a link to the Modern Worker Fortify and Attack shown in post #2, please?

Alternatively, does anyone have a sapper - a soldier/engineer - suitable for modern times?

Top Bottom