GOTM 39

IIRC, having Bronze as a free tech may allow a straight shot for Monarchy (CB or Code would be "Joker Techs") -- wonder if that will affect the choice to pop a hut?

With both Bronze and CerBur you can do Alp and CoL but the third choice is off-path to Mon (Cur:Map:Mas:Mys:pot:War:Wri). Sorry...

No Restarts presents the option of another Early Conquest, although greater unhappiness issues.

OCC Report: doesn't look good...

So pop the hut & hope for a tech? -- Sounds like a win-win-win solution to me!

Or wait to get Alph before popping... opens up lots more options...

Interesting: you can get Monarchy on 4th and Trade on 5th round, or Rep on 6th and Trade on 7th.

With Marco Polo available we should have a few Early Conquests before AD1, even on a Large map. Keeping your Rep up will be a bigger challenge...

Originally posted by ElephantU
With Marco Polo available we should have a few Early Conquests before AD1, even on a Large map.

I doubt that.
I have a few cities left to conquer and 1AD was a long time ago.

(of course I play no bribe, no black-clicking and no helpers, as usual, but still... my bet is that there won't be that many games won before 1000AD: the map is big, the island is tiny and there is only one settler to start with)

I was vacillating on which way to play this one, but you have thrown down the gauntlet: AD1 it is, Rep be damned!

I just spent almost 2 centuries finding the last 2 Egyptian cities :D

Black-clickers allowed to :lol:

Couple things-
First, glad to see La Fayette doesn't do black cligking either (takes too much time for me) or use helper programs (which I don't have and consider cheating anyhow).

Small land mass is how I played civ2 for the first few years so it'll be a trip back to my old strategies (but on a much higher skill levels of course). Except that I want to conquer the world again, it was fun.

Finally, what the heck does IIRC mean? Everyone always uses it, but I can't see any reason for it in the sentence and after reading dozens of usages still can't figure out what it means.

elephant if you win by 1 a.d. you are the best ever it bis 1 a. d. and i have only took two citys

Originally posted by ElephantU
I was vacillating on which way to play this one, but you have thrown down the gauntlet: AD1 it is, Rep be damned!
I decided to take this challenge as well, but as others have already stated, I would be shocked and amazed if anyone could pull that off. Maybe Smash (or... who else could do really early conquest? Was it Cactus Pete?) could make a run at it, but I doubt it.

Top Bottom