A note to map makers, please read

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
You should always add a ReadMe file to the map zip file so people know who created the map. You don't need to write a long readme -- a short description of the map, date the map was created, and your contact info (name/nickname and email) would suffice.

*** The attached (txt/doc) file should have a unique name, preferably resembling the name of your map. So if your map is called "Sweden versus Denmark", you could name it say "sweVSden", rather than just calling the file readme.txt/readme.doc.

How to take a snapshot of the mini-map

Load the map using the "Load Scenario" option, then retire. You will see the mini-map in the game replay screen.

In addition, if it doesn't cause you much troube, some shots inside the thread (even from the editor) to give us an idea of how good your map is. ;)

yeah, a snap shot of the mini-map would be nice. :)

BTW, we had a little problem with the Views counter and the attachment counter (# of times downloaded) yesterday and earlier today. The problem should be fixed now....

i did the retire thing but how do i save the picture ? thanks...

[plasma]:die!:

My advise when concerning maps of the REAL WORLD to actually research were to put resources REMEMBERING their context in the game.

I will soon have done this myself :)

How how I wish we have a greater variety of terrains :cry:

Originally posted by Thunderfall
You can take screenshots using HyperSnap. All the Civ3 screenshots I took were taken with that program. :)

big thanks man ;) both mine have pics but since i dont have a licence its got that stupid logo thing

www.analogx.com
this guy has a free screen capture utility. I personally like the one built into windows. Just hit the "print screen" key and then paste the information into the program "MS Paint". The AnalogX one allows you to automatically name and save the files for taking lots of screen shots fast.

Thunderfall, perhaps you could edit your original post adding this suggestion:

The attached (txt/doc) file should have a unique name, preferably resembling the name of your map. So if your map is called "Sweden versus Denmark", you could name it say "sweVSden", rather than just calling the file readme.txt/readme.doc.

As a mapmaker and player in the Heroes community, this (naming attached files in a meaningful way) is considered common decency, and I think it would be nice if the Civ mapmakers could also get into the habit. As it is now, when I download a couple of maps I suddenly have several text-files which don´t reveal to which map they belong and which are called almost the same. That's confusing...

With that said, a great thanks to the people that actually bother creating maps.

Thunderfall, perhaps you could edit your original post adding this suggestion:

The attached (txt/doc) file should have a unique name, preferably resembling the name of your map. So if your map is called "Sweden versus Denmark", you could name it say "sweVSden", rather than just calling the file readme.txt/readme.doc.

That's a good idea. I am a huge Heroes fan myself so I know what you are talking about. :)

Originally posted by IamSPARTACUS

big thanks man ;) both mine have pics but since i dont have a licence its got that stupid logo thing

It's not a big problem. After you take a full screenhot of that screen, just crop the image a bit using the program's built-in image editing tool. That'll get rid of the stupid logo. :)

hey thunderfall... if you look at my preview on Boatless Journey you can see the improments ive made ;)

even easier than downloading some program is using the print screen button on your keyboard. Just hit that then open up MS Paint and paste the contents onto the canvas. From there you just crop the image to size.

cool! i never new what that 'print screen' feature did, but now i do. cool, thanks for pointing that out, palehorse.

Prt Scr, its next to F12. Open paint and press Ctrl+v, save as jpg or gif. This is what i do, im using windows xp.

Originally posted by Yoda Power
Prt Scr, its next to F12. Open paint and press Ctrl+v, save as jpg or gif. This is what i do, im using windows xp.

Waoa !

It reminds me of the time when I had to do the screen captures for you ;)

the download linkage does not work now!! How to deal with it? I really need the map now! Cheers!

Top Bottom