Bletchley Park

Rufus T. Firefly

Rufus is coming in town!
On WWII, the Enigma code was the nigthmare of Allies: this cryptograph code was unbreakable. But a team of mathemicians and logics (oh yes, Ukas: mathematics :)), guided by the great Alan Turing (the father of the computer science), was able to achieved the goal. Bletchley Park was the mansion where the team worked.

The best companion for Enigma code for WWII scenarios.

Preview:

Splash:

File:

Attachments

• turing.zip
    96 KB · Views: 302
Originally posted by Rufus T.Firefly
On WWII, the Enigma code was the nigthmare of Allies: this cryptograph code was unbreakable. But a team of mathemicians and logics (oh yes, Ukas: mathematics :)), guided by the great Alan Turing (the father of the computer science), was able to achieved the goal. Bletchley Park was the mansion where the team worked.
I DO NOT AGREE!!!! :rant:
i think you should make some serious reading about it...
it was not in Bletchley Park, where the enigma code was broke for the first time! Turing's team enhanced the cracking systems.
it was in Poland and Marian Rozycki did it!

anyway, nice looking graphics:).

(CG)Mendax

Originally posted by Mendax
I DO NOT AGREE!!!! :rant:
i think you should make some serious reading about it...
it was not in Bletchley Park, where the enigma code was broke for the first time! Turing's team enhanced the cracking systems.
it was in Poland and Marian Rozycki did it!

anyway, nice looking graphics:).

(CG)Mendax

I know this, but you must reknow that only Alan create a fast way to decodify enigma...

I know this, but you must reknow that only Alan create a fast way to decodify enigma...
ok. i see you find it very difficult to write that without the Polish decryptors, Turing would have much more difficult task.

oh well, 50 years of leaving this unsaid by the English Army made some results:(...

(CG)Mendax

Originally posted by Mendax
ok. i see you find it very difficult to write that without the Polish decryptors, Turing would have much more difficult task.

oh well, 50 years of leaving this unsaid by the English Army made some results:(...

(CG)Mendax

Ok, I'm sure that polish maths were fundamental, but the WWII developement was made by Alan... He was the greatest mathematics of XIX century, with Godel: his theories are the base of the computer science logic (search some thing about Turing machine) and, finally, of the modern world.

Nice!
As it happens my Grandmother was Operator A1 in the enigma project so I am very interested in this.

*scratching head* now a flatmate of mine was reading a book on this... but the only thing I remember is that the guy that broke the code was a gay jew (no offence intended) that was in later years, disregarding his achievements, heavily pounded for his lifestyle and persona... of course my mate read that book some years back, so I might as well have mixed up some bits with Euro Trash...

so the question that remains is: Who was the freak that actually got it done ;) ?

Originally posted by W.i.n.t.e.r
*scratching head* now a flatmate of mine was reading a book on this... but the only thing I remember is that the guy that broke the code was a gay jew (no offence intended) that was in later years, disregarding his achievements, heavily pounded for his lifestyle and persona... of course my mate read that book some years back, so I might as well have mixed up some bits with Euro Trash...

so the question that remains is: Who was the freak that actually got it done ;) ?

Yes, Turing was a gay. This was thee reason because he was persecuted by tribunals and give up from university. After some years, he kell himself with a poisoned apple: the question is what he could be discovered if he was lived? :(

Originally posted by W.i.n.t.e.r
I hope he wasn't sharing his flat with 7 dwarves- cuz that would have seemed utterly familiar- u know with all the poisoned apple thing...

Not ridicolous, but he was a maniac of Snowhite and this is the reason of this way to suicide. And the apple of Apple company is a tribute to Alan.

Alan... He was the greatest mathematics of XIX century, with Godel: his theories are the base of the computer science logic (search some thing about Turing machine) and, finally, of the modern world.

I think you're understating his influence. He is likely the most important computer scientist in history. Dealing with some very important questions about the fundamental nature of computation and doing early work in artificial intelligence.

(I'm a CS Ph.D. student.)

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/turing/
http://www.time.com/time/time100/scientist/profile/turing.html

Where are you getting this claim that he killed himself with a poisoned apple? I've always just heard it mentioned as cyanide. (and no, there's not enough cyanide in apple seeds to seriously harm you)

Originally posted by rychan
Where are you getting this claim that he killed himself with a poisoned apple? I've always just heard it mentioned as cyanide. (and no, there's not enough cyanide in apple seeds to seriously harm you)

So you have some 3-tape Turing machine on your home :)

For apple, he has poisoned one, not eat incidentally.

Hemm...Is there any way you can increase spy/anti-spy operations success? Those two wonders could do that...:undecide:

Ok, I'm sure that polish maths were fundamental, but the WWII developement was made by Alan... He was the greatest mathematics of XIX century, with Godel: his theories are the base of the computer science logic (search some thing about Turing machine) and, finally, of the modern world.

... Of the XIX century? As far as I remember the 19th century ran from 1800 to 1899, didn't it? Or was it from 1801 to 1900? [the same question arose some years ago with all the millenium festivals taking place in the {wrong???} year]

Anyway, I'd guess he should be a mathematic of the 20th century... ;)

Top Bottom