Civ Neanderthals ready to download (3d animated leader, era specific and UU)

The files are:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/neanderthals01.zip
http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads/civ3/civs/neanderthals02.zip

Civ Name: The Neanderthals.
Bonuses: Industrious and Expansionist.
Title and Leader Name: Primogenitor Ingo.
Favorite and Shunned Government: Despotism and Democracy.
Aggression Level: 05 (too high).
Culture Group: Middle East.
Noun: Neanderthals.
Adjective: Neanderthal.
Default and Alternative colors: Brown (Russians) and Purple (Vikings).
Unique Unit: Cave Man
Civilopedia entry:RACE_NEANDERTHALS

Military Leaders:
Lucy

Scientific Leaders:
African Simio
Homo erectus
Homo habilis
Homo sapiens cro-maignon
Australopithecus afarensus

City Names (sites where them bone were found):.
Shanidar (the race born in Middle East, so the capital must be there)
Zuttiyeh
Amud
Tabun
Dzhruchula
Kiik Koba
Staronselye
Teshik-Tash
Krapina
Kulna
Saccopastore
Monte Circeo
Neander
Spy
St. Cesaire
Le Moustier
La Quina
La Ferrassie
Arago
Bañolas
Lezetxiki
Pedreias de Forbes
Arcy-sur-Cure
Far East
Lascaux
Gibraltar
La-Chappelle-aux-Saints
Molodova
Terre Amata
Bruniquel
La Ferrassie
Dranchenlock
Regourdou
Basua Cave
Atapuerca
Brno
Mladee
Pavlov
Skhul
La Naulette
Saint-Césaire
Hortus
Cova Negra
Le Lazaret
Grotte du Prine
Cariguela
Agut
Macassargues
La Masque
Rigabe
La Crouzade
Les Peyrards
Bau de l'Aubesier
Zafarraya
Fond-de-Forêt

Civilopedia:
The spice Homo neanderthalensis born in Middle East in 100.000 b.C. and disappeared around the 35.000 b.C. These dates are refuted by some scientists, some of them says the Neanderthals survive until 10.000 b.C. and trade instruments with the modern men. These dates are so polemic that some people believe they were not dead, they are alive in some parts of the Planet that do not has contact with the “Civilized World”, like small villages in Himalaya or they are alive in our genes, result of the crossing with Homo sapiens in the past. The causes of the extinction are not clear until today, maybe a strong flu present in humans and fatal to Neanderthals, caused it.
Neanderthals is not the ancestor of the Homo sapiens specie. Scientists believe the natural causes, like the ambient temperature, were the reason of the birth of these two species. They are stronger than present humans and have more piles, their brain is larger than ours, but was not so efficient to communication between members of the same specie.
Neanderthals inhabited Middle East and Europe, they lived in small groups, formed by families and were nomads. Some scientists says they used instruments did with stones created by themselves, others disagree. The first fossils were discovered in Neander Valley, Germany in 1856.
It is a fantasy civ, so the leader names and the bonuses are fake. So, I considered this race Expansionist (they were nomads) and Militaristic (because the image of the wild cave men, hunting bravely). You are free to choice your combo.

Civilopedia, Cave Man (UU):
Replace standard Warrior, they have these characteristics:
- Cost 20 shields, instead 10.
- Attack: 03, instead 01.
- Defense: 03, instead 01.
- Upgrade: none
This Civ does not produce any foot unit until the Industrial Age. Cave Man is a powerful unit that hunt human when the game starts. Few human units of Ancient/Middle age can defeat Cave Man, they must attack in larger groups to defeat few Neanderthals units. The Cave Man is really stronger, if the humans found a Neanderthal city, they must destroy it the faster possible before this city turns a centre of production of wild hunter.

icon

victory

run

fortify

death

attack

Hmmm very original and the stats seems playable. Obviously overpowered for a human player but would be interesting to toss in as a barbarian AI civ.... Perhaps they should be unable to build barracks or something until middle ages to in order to keep them from killing the other AI off..
Also consider adding Mu and Lemuria as city names, got to love lost continents.
Also consider makeing them a 5.1.1 this would make them good offensively but keep them from killing everyone if they go berzerk early on.
yet as a 3.3.1 I could see them being interesting as the only AI civ in a human multiplayer game... I can see it now... cave man beats tank lol

the angle seems a bit to low on the caveman, other than that he looks great and I am eagerly awaiting his completion. Along with your Granadero a Caballo and Tamoio units.

Kal-el said:
the angle seems a bit to low on the caveman, other than that he looks great and I am eagerly awaiting his completion. Along with your Granadero a Caballo and Tamoio units.

Thanks!
The images of the above post use a different size, colors and angle, I did that, because we can see better the animations. To export the unit to Civ3 I use the currently rules.
This unit is ready, I just trying solve a color problem to post Cave Man, many people give me advices to solve it, but I continue not understand how the color in Photo Shop, Animator Pro, FLICster, SBB work... :crazyeye:

Gogf said:
Both the scale and angle of the caveman seem to be abit off.

Interesting ideas.

I change the angle to post the *.gif, in the game they have the same angle of the standard units.

Is it possible to give them no traits? Maybe that would help to lower down the power of their UU!

socralynnek said:
Is it possible to give them no traits? Maybe that would help to lower down the power of their UU!

Yes, it is. After you install, edit the file that u have to loaed in the game, and remove the Expansionist and Militaristic traits of the Neanderthal civ, or change it. It is a easy process, if u find difficult to do it, contact me ;)
The power of the powerful Cave Man is proposital, I wanted build a powerful Humans Hunter :lol: Take care if you fight against a Cave Man :lol:

Top Bottom