Rogue/Traitor units?

ocedius

C++ induced baldness
I thought that if ya make a unit, it can't attack your civs' other units, but the most unusual thing happened.

I created 5 celtic 'resistor' type units, strong attack, 0 defense, hidden nationality, defensive bombardment. A roman warrior enters the same square and these units do not defend themselves with the bombardment. It survives and now there are six units on the square, 1 roman warrior and 5 resistors.

In my next move, I declare war on Rome and attempt to destroy the warrior. My 5 resistors bombard me, and the warrior defends as well. After the battle, there are still 6 units, 1 Roman warrior and 5 Celtic resistors. And I can move these resistors like they are still under my control.

With a city inplace, these units respond differently. When the Roman warrior attack, the city is always razed, and the units convert into enslaved workers.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong. Could someone enlighten me on this?

Also, how if at all, can ya make civ-specific armies?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=88949

Finally screenshots:

Attachments

• SS.jpg
    SS.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 120
  • SS2.jpg
    SS2.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 60
Hi! Any unit with a defense of 0 can be captured. The Romans did capture your Resistor I and i think as a result they are bombarding you back. That explains it all. As for civ-spefic armies i don't know how! :wink:

JackA said:
Hi! Any unit with a defense of 0 can be captured. The Romans did capture your Resistor I and i think as a result they are bombarding you back. That explains it all. As for civ-spefic armies i don't know how! :wink:

Thing is JackA, I could still move my units! They were under my control as the screen shot shows, but there was also a Roman warrior on the same square!

Infact if you look at the SS.jpg attachment, you'll see I have "Activate Resisitor" option available.

It might be a bug with Civ 3.Maybe the next patch will fix the problem.

Given that it doesn't seem to be known already and is not really a big thing against the gameplay, I really doubt it...

Top Bottom