New unit: Roman Trireme

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi!

This is sort of a 'behemont' of the ancient seas - a Roman trireme.

The files:
Roman trireme

Animation demo:

And a civilopedia sample image.

Attachments

• RTriremeXL.gif
    RTriremeXL.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 8,784
Oooooh :)

That's another beauty. I was afraid you wouldn't make a roman ship

:goodjob:

awesome, I love it :goodjob: - now on to the genious of di Vinci! :D (his design for a galley would be a cool lookign ship ;))

That's a gorgeous ship, aaglo.

(Do you get tired of all the praise, I wonder?)

Tired.... Of... Praise.... How could such a thing ever happen? :D Awesome ship.

Just a historical question (not meant to be a reflection on the design) Did the Roman's put those eyes on their ships? I thought that was a distinctly Greek thing... and that while the design of the ships may have been similar I don't recall ever seeing a roman ship with that eye painted on.

almost every anceitn ship in the med sea had the eyes on it- it was tradition to help "guid" the ship that just got passed on by the greeks in thier rampant exploratiosn oif the med sea and atlantic old world coastline

If you don't know what to do next you could make a quinquereme with corvus or a heavier type (like the deceres someone requested ages ago). But, of course, I should finish my own stuff first before I fall on the nerves of other creators :mischief: :D

1st:Great unit.
2nd:To Xen, do you look at what your typing? You have A LOT of typos, do you not have good English or are you just a horrible typer?

Man you are too fast aaglo. That isn't a suggestion to slow down though. You work at whatever pace is comfortable for you, because you make fine sea units. :goodjob:

Great unit, Aaglo, I might make this a Roman Flavor unit to replace the galley in one of my scenarios. I especially like how you mix the Ballista bolts in with the flurry of arrows.

Xen said:
almost every anceitn ship in the med sea had the eyes on it- it was tradition to help "guid" the ship that just got passed on by the greeks in thier rampant exploratiosn oif the med sea and atlantic old world coastline

Yes, and funny as it may sound, many modern merchant/fishing vessels in the Mediterranean, and to a lesser extent Mid-Eastern, regions still have eyes painted on them. I remember seeing some Arabian Fishing Dhows with eyes on my last Gulf Deployment. The eyes were put in place to ward off the "evil eye" and protect the ship from its curse.

Tsunami23 said:
2nd:To Xen, do you look at what your typing? You have A LOT of typos, do you not have good English or are you just a horrible typer?

it is a well established fact that, in addition to knowing more then most people would (or perhaps shoudl ;)) about the Roman, and other classical, and many near eastern empire (amoung other assorted peoples and subjects) that I am perhaps the ****tyest typer on the forums- I've been trying to get better though :)

You're making great new units faster than I can put them into my game! Thanks!

This is my favorite of your ancient ships. Very stylish. I think it's the small front sail and the 'pole' in the back of the ship that add that welcome extra detail.

Top Bottom