New Units: Mycenean and Trojan Chariots

BeBro

King of the Krauts
Yeah, two chariots this time :)

Both use the same basic anims, but I did some modifications here nad there to add more variety. So default and attack anims are very similar, others have been changed a bit more.

DL (ca. 2,7MB):
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/Trojan_MyceneanChariot.zip

Static preview for both:

Attachments

• Trojan_MyceneanChariots.jpg
    Trojan_MyceneanChariots.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 4,552
Trojan attack anim

Attachments

• chariot_trojan_att.gif
    chariot_trojan_att.gif
    155.7 KB · Views: 6,289
Mycenean death anim

Attachments

• chariot_mycen_death.gif
    chariot_mycen_death.gif
    160 KB · Views: 4,436
First post again!!!!!!!

BeBro, these completely rock! Dankesehr!!! I'm loving the colour variations on the Mycenean horses!

Nope Mithadan, Brebro got the first post ;)

But Brebo..................Great work, now I can almost play the battle of Troy :)

--------------

Hector: No son of Troy will ever submit to a foreign ruler!
Agamemnon: Then every son of Troy shall die...

--------------

awesome! :D

this is five star. civ needs more chariots

:goodjob:

BeBro.. all of you're units are spectacular, what are you working on next?

Sword.. Chariots in real life were very good attackers, but lacked mobility. The Assyrians used the first horsemen and were also good attackers and had great mobility. Chariots became obsolete because of the mobility factor, you could also muster more horsemen than you could chariots. Chariots needed two or more people and horsemen one. With horsemen you also didn't need all the resources to make the chariot which needed to be crafted very well and suited with good metal to be of any effect. Chariots also had very obvious weaknesses. Hopes this explains it.

dude! awesome! eeeexxxeellent quality units!!! I love the color variation also on those horses! GREAT JOB!! yes what is next?! :D

Bebro, you are becoming quite masterful at these chariots!

Excellent... I always thought chariots were more interesting then horsemen.

Absolutely beautiful! I look forward to the Celtic one.

Thx for the nice comments. As said in the other thread, next will be a Celtic chariot for Mithadan, since ripptide already modeled one and offered it to me, which means a great help :)

Then I'll make two or three other chariots, but I can't be more specific now, since it is undecided so far which exactly (maybe one of them would be a Persian chariot). After that I need a break from chariot-making ;)

Cool units, Bernd.

(Well, you know, I personaly will using your mycenian chariot for troian chariot and your troian one for mycenian, when/if I will make a mod with this units. But that is my choise, you allready did the job. And you did it great.)

Top Bottom