New Star Trek Unit: Danube class Runabout

Adler17

Prussian Feldmarschall
The Danube class runabouts are basically oversized shuttles flown by two or three persons. Up to 40 persons can be carried. Therfore it is a small transporter. But with two phaser banks and the ability to carry a photon torpedo pod it is well suited for patrol tasks as well combat roles. It is nearly as fast or maneuverable as a Peregrine class fighter, but can sustain more damage. So although it is also classified as heavy fighter IMO it is too big for that. The best classification is as fast craft. So this is not a fighter!
The names of the ships are rivers of the memberworlds of the Federation. The Danube (German: Donau) is the 2nd biggest river in Europe with a length of 2860 km. It evolves at Donauesching (Germany) out of Brigach and Breg and runs into the Black Sea in Rumania.
This is my first unit and so the quality of other units might lack. But I saw worse units. There is no torpedo attack. Perhaps I will do that later but I don´t know.
Thanks to The Morpheus for his programming thread and help and Kenta´arka for his tips and help.
Have fun.
Please give me a feedback.

Adler

EDIT: This is, thanks to The Morpheus, the patched version of the Runabout with changed Death animation. If you downloaded the elder version you can only download Morpheus´patch.

Adler

Attachments

• Runabout1.1.zip
    472.8 KB · Views: 850
I tested it in game, and it looks nice. But the explosion is civ-specific colored, maybe it was intended, but a blue explosion is a bit weird :)

Here is a death animation. It is a bit bigger than in the game.

Adler

Attachments

• rundeathw.gif
    rundeathw.gif
    173.1 KB · Views: 1,283
And here are the attack and run animation. The Attack animation is too white and not part of the unit. Also both are too big like the death animation.

Adler

Attachments

• runattackw.gif
    runattackw.gif
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,275
Top Bottom