Star Wars: The Galactic Civil War

Pleb

Jedi Knight
Star Wars: A New Mod
The Galactic Civil War

I. Introduction

This mod was originally started by tpasmall, someone who had a dream to see Civilization III be remade in the vision of Star Wars. Although now tpasmall has now left the project, as with most of the original staff, a small group of us have put all the work that was developed for the mod, and redesigned it to fit the standards of today's Civilization III.

When completed, this mod will change almost every aspect of the game, and yet keeping it the same strategy game, but modeled on the Star Wars universe. Whether you chose to be the tyrannical Galactic Empire, or the freedom fighting Rebel Alliance, or maybe fight an older battle with the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy, the force will be with you.

The Galactic Civil War is the second installment of Star Wars: A New Mod. It will feature the original trilogy era, in which the sinister Galactic Empire rule the galaxy, whilst the small but defiant Rebel Alliance try hard to restore peace to the galaxy.

II. Installation

Very simple. Extract all the files to the Conquests main folder in your Civilization III main directory. That's all there is to it.

III. Conquest Scenarios

Included with The Galactic Civil War are two Conquest Scenarios, playable from different sides: The Battle of Yavin and The Battle of Hoth. In the first scenario, the Death Star is slowly approaching the Rebel Base on Yavin IV. Only a small band of rebels, armed with the knowledge of the Death Star's only weakness stand in it's way. You play as the Rebels, trying to stop the Death Star from destroying the galaxy's last hope. In the second scenario, the Rebel Base on Hoth is about to be attacked by the Galactic Empire. You are the commander of the Imperial forces in this battle, and must wipe Echo Base from the face of the galaxy.

IV. Unfinished Work

The current features are missing/need to be fixed:
  • Music needs to be implimented
  • Many units need to be fixed
  • Many units need to be created
  • Most/All Civilopedia entries need to be fixed/updated
  • City(Colony) GFX needs to be created
  • Conquest Sceanrios need to be implimented
  • Civilopedia GFX needs to be created/fixed
  • Accurate Star Wars Map feature to be implimented

V. Credits

UNITS:

AT-AT - TheMorpheus
AT-ST - TedG
A-Wing - tpasmall
B-Wing - Chris85
Bounty Hunter - Pleb
Corellian Corvette - Pleb
Darth Vader - tpasmall
General Veers - TheMorpheus
Death Star - Pleb
Heavy Stormtrooper - Pleb
Imperial Lander - tpasmall
Imperial Scout - tpasmall
Imperial Star Destroyer - Pleb
Jedi Knight - Pleb
Jedi Master - Pleb/Warmaster
Jedi Padawan - TedG
Lambda Shuttle - Pleb
Laser Turret - abcman
Protocol Droid - Pleb
R2 Droid - Plastic Bag
Rebel Trooper - tpasmall
Sith Apprentice - Pleb
Sith Knight - Dragon Warrior
Sith Master - tpasmall
Stormtrooper - tpasmall
TIE Bomber - Chris85
TIE Defender - TedG
TIE Fighter - Chris85
TIE Interceptor - TedG
X-Wing - Dark Sheer
YT-1300 - Pleb
YT-2400 - Pleb
Y-Wing - tpasmall/Dark Sheer/Plastic Bag

ART:

Civilopedia Images - Pleb
Darth Vader Leaderhead - nEo
Mon Mothma Leaderhead - Pleb
Domestic Advisor - tpasmall
Military Advisor - tpasmall
Science Advisor - tpasmall
Terrain Graphics - Lukree
Era Splashes - tpasmall
World Setup Graphics - Pleb
Tech Tree Icons - Pleb
Tech Tree Background - Sheephead

TEXT:

Civilopedia Entries - Pleb
Diplomacy/Script/Label Changes - Pleb

MUSIC:

MP3 Conversion - Pleb
Music Composition - John Williams

OTHER:

Scenario Design - Pleb
Unit Fixes - Chris85/Pleb
Planet Resources - Chris85/Starknights
Unit Upgrades - TheMorpheus
Unit Sounds - Vuldacon
Tech Tree Concept - Sheephead/Pleb

SPECIAL THANKS:

Jobiwan7
Sheephead
TheMorpheus
DonStamos
Vuldacon
Glorfinder
Warmaster
tpasmall
Lukree
Chris85
GEChallenger
Runamok Monkey
Civfanatics.com
Lucas Arts
George Lucas
And anyone else who helped in any other way!

IV. Screenshots

(No screenshots have been taken yet. Please post some on this thread if you have any.)

V. Files

The Galactic Civil War (Beta 0.1) (21.75 MB)

NOTE - You will need Civilization III: Conquests (v1.22) to play this mod.

(© COPYRIGHT 2004 STAR WARS A NEW MOD)

Yeah, the reason 1.15 and 1.22 work is because their labels.txt files are the same. Earlier versions have different labels.txt files...

It must be great fun for those who have any version of conquests.....but what about those poor deprived little children who cant afford it? (e.g. me). The star wars mods look/sound/ great, and i really want to play them......is there some way to convert conquest files to ptw?

Cos that'd be great........

A PTW version will be avaliable soon, but I need someone with PTW to do the labels.txt file, or send me the PTW labels.txt file.

Unless you have LucasFilm permision you can't do this... Seriously guys... :rolleyes:

Actually, seeing as there have been countless Star Wars mods for games in the past, I doubt they'd mind.

And if you want to inform them, go right ahead. Perhaps you'd also like to inform Paramount of the Star Trek Mod as well?

Glorfinder, are you actually part of the mod?

Cos if you are, perhaps you could check up on what we would need to do to get the music and graphics legal for the mod.
If not, however, how would you like to join the team by legalising the mod and everything?

I'm not in charge tho, so if you do want to become part of the mod, you have to ask the proper authority (pleb or jobiwan....im not quite sure whos in charge...)

@ Glorfinder: Well, since you have the star trek mod liscensed, perhaps you could give us some insight as to how we could get the liscenses, costs etc.

@mod makers: there hasn't been much about anything being posted here - how are all the new units and whatever doing? And when are any of the newer mods, eg New Jedi der mods being released? Oh...so much to play, so little time....

Graphics, Names, Ect... - Under the general modding 'rule', you can use this all you want.

Music - I originally thought you'd need a license for this, but once again under the 'rule', you can get away with this. The "Star Trek Vs Star Wars" Mod team for Armada I & II told me this, as did the "Star Wars Fleet Commander" mod team for Armada II.

Top Bottom