Attila the Hun : 3D animated, era specific leaderhead

Rob (R8XFT)

Ancient Briton
Retired Moderator
Attila the Hun has turned out to be one of my personal favourites out of the leaderheads I've done.

Update 18.08.04:
I've placed the files for an alternative Medieval Attila in the links below.

It's the version that appears in the themed set of 5th Century leaderheads, but it does include an era-specific AT_all in the alternative pcxs, and that hasn't been posted anywhere else.

City list used in the "Fall of Rome" conquest for the Huns:
Great Bulgar
Pliska
Kutmichevitsa
Veliki Preslav
Madara
Sofia
Plovdiv
Varna
Ruse
Stara Zagora
Pleven
Sliven
Dobrich
Bourgas
Rousse
Shumen
Montana
Vraca
Vidin
Haskovo
Kazanlak
Gabrovo
Veliko Tarnovo
Chalons
Rheims
Mainz
Strasbourg
Metz
Cologne
Trier
Worms

Apparently Tongwan was an ancient Hun capital - should that go to the top of the list? If anyone has any better lists, please post city names in this thread.

Military GLs: Bleda, Ruglia, Charato
Scientific GLs : Dengizik, Ellac, Rua

Traits : Militaristic, Industrious

Very nice work. :goodjob:

I don't think he looks evil enough to be Attile though. :hmm:

Just was wondering, do his teeth look as good in the Ancient and Middle ages a they do in Industrial? I doubt he would have had such clean teeth. :p

Ankka said:
I don't think he looks evil enough to be Attile though. :hmm:

Attila wasn't really that evil. He only has bad reputation. In fact he was a really sophisticated gentleman when he was not on the battlefield.

And the most important comment: Nice Leaderhead! :goodjob:

Lusikka755 said:
Attila wasn't really that evil. He only has bad reputation. In fact he was a really sophisticated gentleman when he was not on the battlefield.

Really? Maybe I should go get some history lesons. :blush:

He aslo choked to death oon a nose bleed :D It was at his marrige to his Tenth Wife. Got Bonked in the snchoz.

Excellent, as per the usua.

Hello, CivFans. My first post here, nice to read u from long time ago, learned a lot, having a fun around. Awesome forum. So, for the topic:

Pliska
Kutmichevitsa
Veliki Preslav
Madara
Sofia
Plovdiv
Varna
Ruse
Stara Zagora
Pleven
Sliven
Dobrich
Bourgas
Rousse
Shumen
Montana
Vraca
Vidin
Haskovo
Kazanlak
Gabrovo
Veliko Tarnovo

All these names of cities, currently bulgarian, even my hometown,lol. Some of them didnt existed while Atila was alive.I even doubt feet of his armies ever stepped on these lands.

Weird is why does Firaxis(maybe i have mistaken, never played Fall of Rome scenario), used bulgarian names,while Bulgaria was established in 681 A.D. these cities had different names - e.g, Sofia was Serdik(c)a(improperly written as Byzantines city - "Sardica").In early midages, until Ottoman invasion in Europe in XIV century, Bulgaria was formidable power and culture source on Balkan peninsula, and maybe in Europe. Shame its not included as separate civ. Well, those are my thoughts, but sure these names wouldnt be in list of Hun cities, 100 %.

As for bulgarians, they should be militaristic(historic fact - no battle banner ever fought in enemy hands, bulgarian army never lost a battle in 20th century, but never won a war also:)) and agricultural(as they are now)

I always thought the Hungarian Magyars descended of the Huns ?

edit: the later Huns split in two mayor a several smaller tribes: Awars and Chasars. The Magyars, while related to the Huns, conquered the European areas until after the Huns had fallen into decadence. The Chasars ruled between the Caspian and Black Sea as well as towards the Wolga, and the Karpathian where they would later mix with the Magyars. The Awar Kingdom instead fell, only prolonging its stability by allowing Slawic tribes to settle along and within their borders, and would be conquered eventualy be conquered by the Turco-Tartaric Bulgarians under Kahn Asparuch. I conclude that Bulgarians are not Huns.

Definatelly bulgarians arent huns. When Khan Asparuh came here from Volzska Bulgaria(Bulgaria on river Volga), his tribe was only about 100-150K,ppl. They mixed with Slavic tribes here,which mixed with tracian tribes before. So, for now, we are about mostly Slavic, speaking slavic(kinda more developed than other slovic languages, with few words from ancient-bulgarian and few words from turkish(bcs 5 centuries ottoman yoke)) language and nothing to deal with huns. Sorry ,forgot to congratulate you for good job on Atila's head. Awesome. Just wanted to make a point for those cities. No relations between city names I stated above and huns

First off, I love your work, R8XFT. Secondly, I'm a proud Mac user even though it has its obvious downsides such as, say, not being able to decompress .ace files. I'm not sking anything if it's too much trouble, but, is it possible for me to get one of these in a .zip or a .rar? I also loved Moshoeshoe, but he, too, was in .ace form... If anyone here can offer advice or assistance, it's greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Excellent! :goodjob:
I'll put him to use immediately. Any specific UU available?

utahjazz7's Slavic Horseman? (replaces horseman/knight?)
3 attack, 1 defence, 2 moves
same cost as horseman?

I dont know, my history of the hun is the fall of rome. :)

Man I love this leaderhead! Must be my favorite out of your collection, R8XFT!

As far as the cities go... hard to say, since the Huns were Nomads and not really sedentary. I would opt for a city list based partly upon known Hun settlements plus cities in Central Asia and Siberia/Kasakhstan... Any thoughts?

Unexisted: UU? Try the Tarkan from AOK.. ALuminum made an excellent conversion!

Top Bottom