TERRAIN: lightened railroads

Niessuh

Warlord
At last! I have been working on this since April.
I'm proud to show you the N scale :D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 3,665
In addition to the narrowing there is a lot of unknoting those silly u-turns and loops. Most part of the 272 tiles has been transformed, specially the most crowded ones. Now is possible to draw a straight path between any two points. Also there is some extra detail included, dead-ends and a new "first railroad" tile

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 3,498
Pounder said:
Great Idea. Definite improvement.

I have downloaded and will try them. Should go good with your irrigations. You do a lot of great work.

I know that this work was very time consuming. :goodjob:

Yeah, I have a dream with railroads some days ago :eek:

I really like these, I think I'll use them in my mod.

Nice! :thumbsup: Thanks.

I had made my own railroads using the standard graphics and some buildings, but yours are so good I now need to redo everything and incorporate your graphics. :goodjob:

I bow in amazement at this simple but effective modification!

Dann said:
Nice! :thumbsup: Thanks.

I had made my own railroads using the standard graphics and some buildings, but yours are so good I now need to redo everything and incorporate your graphics. :goodjob:

I started with something similar before this work, I want to restart too. But first I think that mine must be redone (again!) in order to avoid crushing in the middle.
These are the buildings I made:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 3,024
I want to insert agro/indutrial buildings that reflects its food/shield bonus. These are the most crowded tiles, that receive the biggest stuff. As you can see, I try to avoid overlapping with the mine (my soft mine)
But that create too much alignment. Also these buildings are too huge, first step when I restart with this will be to reduce them.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 3,059
nice! :goodjob:

Niessuh said:
I want to insert agro/indutrial buildings that reflects its food/shield bonus. These are the most crowded tiles, that receive the biggest stuff. As you can see, I try to avoid overlapping with the mine (my soft mine)
But that create too much alignment. Also these buildings are too huge, first step when I restart with this will be to reduce them.

When?¡ :rolleyes:

Well, the borders modification is finished right now, I'm starting to think about the mine. And I have an idea with pollution, so maybe the railroads mod could last like a Firaxis patch :D
I guess that I will need collaboration, because filling almost 33% of 272 tiles could take a while. Is somebody interested?

Did you consider to realize a sort of tunnel when a railroad goes through the mountains?
Is it possible to do?

rmontaruli said:
Did you consider to realize a sort of tunnel when a railroad goes through the mountains?
Is it possible to do?

The problem with roads and railroads is they are laid down without any consideration for the terrain. So if you added a tunnel in the railroads.pcx file the tunnels will show up in the middle of the plains or grassland.

The only place that I have found to add tunnels is in the territory.pcx (borders) file. You can add a tunnel to the tiles used for borders along hills and mountains. The only thing is they will show up as caves until you build roads to them.

This is one I made as an experiment:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=84052

Hey Niessuh!
Where did you find these irrigation graphics :wow: they are beautifull :drool:
Please :help:

Top Bottom