Alternate Landmark Terrain Markers

The diamonds only show in the editor. They aren't visible in the game. But nice ideas, regardless.

I use the LM terrain to create new ones. Currently Arghis is working on several new terrain graphix to make brand new terrains for our mod. Other than that, I thought they were pointless. Still a pain they never appear in random maps.

tjedge1 said:
The diamonds only show in the editor. They aren't visible in the game. But nice ideas, regardless.

I use the LM terrain to create new ones. Currently Arghis is working on several new terrain graphix to make brand new terrains for our mod. Other than that, I thought they were pointless. Still a pain they never appear in random maps.

They do show up in the game, they are visable in both the mesopotamian conquest game (Cedars of Lebanonan) and at the southern part of south america in the mesoamerican conquest game.

They have always been there in my games, is there a way to enable/disable or is this just another code problem.

Could be a code problem. I've never seen them in Rhye's mod or the altered WarHammer mod I use with Rhye's Earth map. Nor in tests I've done with my own Mystara mod. They only appear in my editor screen. When I start a game, they aren't visible at all.

EDIT: OK, mrtn says they can be turned off. I always turn off my grid as well, so maybe I turned them off along with it when I first played C3C.

tjedge1 said:
Could be a code problem. I've never seen them in Rhye's mod or the altered WarHammer mod I use with Rhye's Earth map. Nor in tests I've done with my own Mystara mod. They only appear in my editor screen. When I start a game, they aren't visible at all.

EDIT: OK, mrtn says they can be turned off. I always turn off my grid as well, so maybe I turned them off along with it when I first played C3C.

I usually shut my grid off (cntrl-G) and there is a preference to shut off food and shields. I wonder if the foods and shields perference also shuts off the diamonds. I'll have to make note next time I play one of those Conquests (don't have any saves).

mrtn said:
LM terrain is limited, but not pointless. Check the chasm (link in my sig ;) ) I made/converted for an example were it works.

Landmark terrain rocks! Mrtn, I try to include a few chasm squares in every new map I make. :thanx: I have LM hills, mountains, and forest... are there others out there?

Yes, landmark markers are shut on/off together with food/shields icons. I never use those, so the diamonds are useless to me as well. Well, the real point of LM's is to have new terrains, with new graphics and different stats. That works pretty well, except for tiles that overlay other tiles (grasslands, plains and deserts), which enforce limits on where to place them and/or cause some mess.

Yes, that is the problem we have had with steppes in our mod. Though it is being worked out by our master map maker, Arghis.

Top Bottom