• Poll closed .

Black_Hole

Deity
Do we want a 5CC for DG5?
Yes-I would like to play a 5CC this dg.
No-No I wouldn't want to play it.

This poll will be open for 5 days.

Epimethius said:
Umm....wasn't this been defeated twice already? ;)
Yes, I beleve that this 5cc thing has been defeated twice. Again, as I said before. I am strongly against any kind of variant games to be used in the demogame.

I voted NO on 5CC, because it limits the participation opportunities by limiting the number of "provinces" to 5 (1 city each). While it might prove to be a learning experience, the extra challenge would probably guarantee only the most elite players would actually know how best to proceed.

@Epimethius and CG:
DaveShack said:
I would like to suggest an alternative followon poll, because there is obviously a lot of support for some kind of change but the kind of change is divided too many ways for any option to get "enough" support. I for one am not willing to give up on the idea of playing a mod -- DyP and "GOTM Mod" are both tried, tested, and popular.

With this number of options, 33% would be a more reasonable cutoff. That would be all options with 7 or more votes as it presently stands.

Alternatively, run another filtering poll as follows.
Suggested options for the poll:

No modifications
Play with a "Mod" such as DyP, GOTM, etc. (TBD)
Play with a certain style (Always War, Never War [unless forced], "honorable")
Play with limitations (5CC, 1CC, etc.)
Abstain

Daveshack believed anything getting a reasonable amount of votes would move on, and he said 33% instead of 50%, which i agreed with

@Daveshack do we really want 10 provinces/governors?
plus it would prolly be the industrial age b4 we got 5 provinces normally, while in this method we would have all 5 "provinces" within term 1

Good point on getting more "provinces" sooner :)

Maybe we should set a self-imposed limit of no more than 1.5 times the optimum city number, to eliminate excessive fully-corrupt cities. Having to raze instead of capture ups the difficulty because then the other civs can expand into the vacated space.

Black_Hole said:
@Epimethius and CG:

Daveshack believed anything getting a reasonable amount of votes would move on, and he said 33% instead of 50%, which i agreed with

@Daveshack do we really want 10 provinces/governors?
plus it would prolly be the industrial age b4 we got 5 provinces normally, while in this method we would have all 5 "provinces" within term 1
*Sigh* Were going to keep seeing the same poll over and over again. Why not declare "No 5CC" the winner and move on :rolleyes:.

DaveShack said:
I voted NO on 5CC, because it limits the participation opportunities by limiting the number of "provinces" to 5 (1 city each). While it might prove to be a learning experience, the extra challenge would probably guarantee only the most elite players would actually know how best to proceed.

I agree with this statement. The 5CC will severly limit the partisipation of the citizens and would only restrict the leaders to the most elite players thus promoting elitism which is against the forum's moral values.

i voted no.

you have to be joking, talk about actively discouraging participation in the demogame, imagine the loss of jobs mayors and governerships gone, and while being mayor may not actually add up to anything in the grand scheme of things it certainly add a little element of enjoyment to a new demogamer. before steering them in to the larger political arena.

@black hole earlier. i would have to say yes we do want 10 provinces, this would probably encourage participation, that is to say if we got past the constant dull monotenous constitution discussions and actually played the game.

BCLG100 said:
i voted no.

you have to be joking, talk about actively discouraging participation in the demogame, imagine the loss of jobs mayors and governerships gone, and while being mayor may not actually add up to anything in the grand scheme of things it certainly add a little element of enjoyment to a new demogamer. before steering them in to the larger political arena.

@black hole earlier. i would have to say yes we do want 10 provinces, this would probably encourage participation, that is to say if we got past the constant dull monotenous constitution discussions and actually played the game.
if u look at this dg, rarely a governor eleciton was contested after the industrial age, also the very corrupt provinces were hard to appoint governors to

Well then how come in the first 2 demogames there were hard fought governer elections for provinces the other sides of the contenant, the answer is less participation. encouraging with this 5CC would only increase this. the answer to to the less participation must be due to something. surely we should try and find this out before the beginning of the next game.

to encourage governerships in corrupt provinces we just have to find some way to increase the enjoyement there,

Top Bottom