NEW UNIT: Velites

Dom Pedro II

Modder For Life
I've promised this for a very, very long time. And aside from the Hwarang Archer, is probably my most eagerly awaited unit... at least to one person. So here you go, Louis! You can call off the hit now! :lol:

Velites

Velites (fixed)

VERY COOL!. Um.. what is it? X.x Who used it? And what unit can it replace?

Outstanding job, Dom! :goodjob:

This one was long-awaited indeed.

Wow Dom Pedro!
These units look great!
With all these great units coming out, I'm hoping that the Macabee is coming up soon...

This is a great day for us all! First the Greek Swordsman, then Aluminium's Camel Rider, and now your six units... Not to mention Rufus' Engineer, BeBro's updated planes and Dease's Arquebusier... A great weekend and monday! :D

BTW, I was also expecting a Velites... I even dreamed about someone making it. :crazyeye:

NateDawgNY said:
Wow Dom Pedro!
These units look great!
With all these great units coming out, I'm hoping that the Macabee is coming up soon...

As I've said elsewhere, all I've done is caught up on old stuff. But now I can focus on the new stuff. So hopefully it won't be too long.

Straczynski: Meu deus do ceu! Que coisa! :)

Perfect man, jsut made my roman army look that much better. Thanks again for the great units.

Dom Pedro II said:
A javelin thrower. Romans. Replaces Archer I believe.

Hmm. On Closer inspection, it seems he is holding a Pilum (and if somebody like Xen says something along the lines of 'No! Thats not a Pilum! Its a SUPER Pilum called a Colonosciapium I'm going to throw you out a friigin window). And that would make him Roman, now wouldn't it.

As I've said elsewhere, all I've done is caught up on old stuff. But now I can focus on the new stuff. So hopefully it won't be too long.
Cool, I didn't catch the other thread.
Thanks, for all your hard work!

Wahoo :D

BTW, some historical information.

In the Early Roman republic, the Legion was divided into 3 parts, the Hastati, Principes, and Triarii. The first two groups were similarly equipped, but the Principes, being the more wealthy group, was usually better equipped. The Triarii was equipped with a Spear, and often wouldn't be sent in at all, unless needed.

In front of all these groups was a skirmishing line, known as the Velites. Equipped with a Pilum, they would engage the enemy (usually the enemy's skirmishing line) and exchenge shots, before falling back in the ranks, so the first line of the Roman Legion could engage. Velites were recruited from the poorerest of the citizen class elegible for fighting (Rome required a certain level of wealth in order to fight, as they felt those too poor wouldn't have a reason to fight for their homes), and often made up a significant part of the Roman army.

mrtn said:
The civ colour is eating his back in the attack anim (check the N view). Looks very strange indeed. :borg: Other than that it looks good. :)

Damn... you're right... that's what happens when you put a Poser4 man's tunic on Michael's body... you get big screw ups like that... :shakehead I'll fix it and release the corrected version ASAP.

EDIT: Not that it matters, but actually, it's not his back... that's the back of the wolf headdress going into the body. As I discovered upon viewing the model itself in action.

Top Bottom