Ork Truck (14/7/04)

The Great Apple

Big Cheese
I wish Muffins wasn't so good... it makes me look bad :lol:

This is an Ork Truck from the 40k universe, no sounds, and only 4 animations, but I'm still learning the ropes.

(I wasn't quite sure how do do all the pedia pics, could somebody tell me, then I can attach them too)

EDIT: Now with something to download :p

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/OrkTruck.zip

And the preview (attack-death):

EDIT: Is it just me who sees this animation insanely fast?

Attachments

• attack-deat.gif
    attack-deat.gif
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,773
Good job :) Is this your first unit? Seems we got many new creators recently. Cool :)

nice first unit the big apple!

MarineCorps said:
Where is the DL? :confused:

Errr... I'm sure I attached it... I'll do it again :blush:

BTW, This is my second unit, the first was the whirlwind

EDIT: It would appear the attachment was 18k too large (and I didn't check) :p - I've uploaded it onto the file server (link on first post)

The Great Apple said:
I wish Muffins wasn't so good... it makes me look bad :lol:
You wouldn't be saying that if you saw my own second unit :p You're improving much faster than I ever did :goodjob:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=89405
Pedia pics - large ones have to be 128x128 and small ones have to be 32x32 and saved as .pcx format. Colour depth has to be reduced to 256 colours. The last colour on the palette has to be magenta (R 255, G 0, B255) and the second-last one has to be green (R 0, G 255, B 255).

I'm glad you managed to get the dust-trails in the run animation, they look great :eek: I tried the same and my results looked cartoonish :( What settings did you use O Great Animator Of Dust Trails? :D

muffins said:
You wouldn't be saying that if you saw my own second unit :p You're improving much faster than I ever did :goodjob:

Yeah, Muffins didn't get good until his third unit :D

muffins said:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=89405
Pedia pics - large ones have to be 128x128 and small ones have to be 32x32 and saved as .pcx format. Colour depth has to be reduced to 256 colours. The last colour on the palette has to be magenta (R 255, G 0, B255) and the second-last one has to be green (R 0, G 255, B 255).

Just a small correction. The last colors can be anything, including two magentas. Just make sure their RGB value does not match the RGB value of any of the other 254 colors.

muffins said:
I'm glad you managed to get the dust-trails in the run animation, they look great :eek: I tried the same and my results looked cartoonish :( What settings did you use O Great Animator Of Dust Trails? :D

Errr, well I wasn't too impressed by them to be honest. I used 4 lights for each wheel, each for 4 frames before cycling back, moving out and up. I can PM/email you the .ofx file if you like.

Neomega said:
Just a small correction. The last colors can be anything, including two magentas. Just make sure their RGB value does not match the RGB value of any of the other 254 colors.
Correction number two: ;) If you're using Photoshop it's the first two colours. Check the tutorial in my sig for how to do it easily with Photoshop, as far as I understand it it's completely different compared to PSP. :)

Goodjob on the unit, attack anim turned out good. However, IMHO the dust trails didn't... you used grays instead of smoke/shadow palette, so they look... well, not like dust (which would have at least some transparency). I know you can do it since you did so in in death anim and it looks very good. BTW I'm speaking of in-game impressions - in FLICster you can't see it's strange because of gray background.

embryodead said:
However, IMHO the dust trails didn't... you used grays instead of smoke/shadow palette, so they look... well, not like dust (which would have at least some transparency).

Glad somebody agrees with me. I test it in game because my friend borrowed my CDs. I didn't think of using that part of the pallette - guess it was just a fluke with the death :mischief:. I might fix it after I've finished my next unit (should be quite an easy fix just to change the colour)

EDIT: Actually I'll do it now...

EDIT 2: Can't get it too work - at first I thought it would be an easy pallette change but I can't get it right. Might try again some other time.

Top Bottom