The Newbies Society

Civman2004

Something goes here...
The Newbies Society exists to enhance the Demogame experience for all newcomers.

Newcomers: Any player who is playing their first Democracy game, or wishes to be called a newcomer.

Our goals:
1. Encouraging the integration of all newcomers into the Demogame community
2. Promoting the election of suitable newcomers to various offices.
3. Encouraging the rotation of offices between newcomers
4. Clarification of the roles of deputy advisors, deputy judicial officers, etc

Notes:
Goal 2 does not mean we aim to have newcomers in every position, just that we aim to develop the experience of the newcomers and enable them (on a semi-rotating basis as per goal 3) to experience the responsibility of office

Goal 4 recognises that the deputy positions are an ideal place for newcomers to gain experience, and supports the creation of separate elections for the deupty positions, rather than these positions being held by the runners-up. I suggest the promotion of the following election schedule:
Beginning of month: Election of Advisor
Midway through month: Election of Deputy

Thus the terms would overlap. Each deputy would have the opportunity to experience life under 2 advisors, and each advisor would work with 2 different deputies during their tenure. This would encourage community participation, and would mean that those who stood for the advisor position would be eligible to run for deputy 2 weeks later if they wished.

If the deputy advisor ran for election while still deputy, and succeeded, they could be replaced either by the runner up for the advisor election, or the runner up for the deputy election.

I certainly warmly welcome all newcomers to the group (and anyone who wishes to provide experienced advice), and encourage open discussion, particularly of the group's election policy.

Member List (47)
Civman2004
Provolution
Citizen001
Msz4
Mhcarver
Globo
Clasical_Hero
Inkstier
LeeT911
Espirito
Coininch
Gregski
Blackheart
Comnenus
KCCrusader
Mister_x
SniperDevil
Kaoruchan
Bad_Cops
Real_Pave
Jes72
Jocko
Superpelon
Snipelfritz
Marconos
Rodamaal
Gulliver
Giio
Der Sensenmann
Zekilla
Weasel Op
The docta
Garet
TheDarkPhantom
Alexsi
Gunner
Stoo W
TnWtDuke
Eniotna
JackA
Nobody
Justinian I
Uberboffin
Deo
Ashburnham
Fundamentality

Some useful things to know:
Citizen Complaint a complaint made in the judicial office by a citizen against a person in authority. The complaint is reviewed by the judiciary and ruled upon.
Elections are held every month. There is the president position, 6 advisors (following the advisors in Civ), a governor position for each province we define and 3 legal positions. Deputies are then appointed for most positions, as the runner-up in the election. Currently self-nominations are allowed, and citizens are allowed to nominate for as many offices as they like
Screenshots of the progress of the game are available from the screenshots forum
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=94618
Turnchat: The "chat" where the turns are actually played. The DP (designated player) plays the turnchat (usually 10 turns, although this is currently being discussed) and it is discussed in the #turnchat chatroom.
So find turnchat summaries, try:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=95537&page=2

Do not play the save game any irreversible actions are subject to sanction by our Demogame judiciary. You may bring up negotiations screen, look around the map, change which tiles are being worked in cities, etc, but may not move units, conclude diplomatic deals, etc. It is also illegal to go back and play old saves even after that period has already been played by the DP.

The Government section contains the offices of the various ministries - Domestic, Trade, Military, Foreign Affairs, Culture, Science

Most discussion takes place in the citizen section

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask and I (or one of the more experienced players) will attempt to answer them. Wandering around a bit will help you get used to things.

I am a newbee, this is my first game in DG :)

Sign me up

I'm newbie too but I'm in People's Delegation already. Is being in two citizen groups legal?

BCLG100 said:
no its completely fine, join at will. join my samurai group :D
No thank you. I'm not agree with samurai codex.
What when two groups that I will join would have oposing goals? For example one is pacifistic and second agressive against naighbours? :confused:

hmm, theres no law stopping you. if they go out more into the RPG world then it might make a difference but if your only going to contribute occasionnaly it should make no difference.

msz4 said:
No thank you. I'm not agree with samurai codex.
What when two groups that I will join would have oposing goals? For example one is pacifistic and second agressive against naighbours? :confused:

like BCLG said... there's nothing stopping you, I've done it before myself.

Because one group was primarily for no Agressive wars (ie. we don't start a war), and the other was primarily for military dominance and crushing those who would declare war on us.

Even if the "goals" are slightly in opposition if you have reasons for supporting both, which are not in opposition, but follow closely to both in general, it makes sence.

Though if ya really wanted to you could join two (or more) groups who have TOTALLY 100% opposite goals, the only goal of one, is to Launch aggressive wars to ensure dominance, and the other group's goal is to NEVER launch an agressive war. Doesn't make much sence, but ya could if ya want.

Falcon02 said:
like BCLG said... there's nothing stopping you, I've done it before myself.

Because one group was primarily for no Agressive wars (ie. we don't start a war), and the other was primarily for military dominance and crushing those who would declare war on us.

Even if the "goals" are slightly in opposition if you have reasons for supporting both, which are not in opposition, but follow closely to both in general, it makes sence.

Though if ya really wanted to you could join two (or more) groups who have TOTALLY 100% opposite goals, the only goal of one, is to Launch aggressive wars to ensure dominance, and the other group's goal is to NEVER launch an agressive war. Doesn't make much sence, but ya could if ya want.
Then I can be member of even all citizen groups at the same time??? If it is legal then what for are these groups??? I guess citizen which is member of several groups has greater chance as candidate in voting than not associated candidate

By the way I want to be a member of this group. (I'm newbie in that strange game)

Sign me up too. Hope this won't slow my progress to become president :)

Top Bottom