New unit: French WW1 cannon, 28th July 2004

aaglo

Furioso!
The name of this cannon is something like Canon de 155 Long, Mle 1877, but I'll just call it de Bange (a name with a bang in it). And that name is not completely drawn out of the hat.

It's a long-barrel 155 mm field gun from the late-19th century. And it was still in use in the WW2 - atleast in the hands of Finnish artillery. This cannon does not have a recoil mechanism, thus it jumps back some 2 meters when it fires - step well away, kids.

This cannon needs two observers instead of one: while the other looks where the projectile goes, the other looks where the gun goes

Dowload the De Bange from here

Pedia-pic attached.

Attachments

• DeBangePedia.gif
    DeBangePedia.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 3,930
that guy asking for more artillery will be please to see this.

De Bange, Boss, De Bange!

Seriously, that was like, light speed fast. Is the USS Consitution next? Or aniother big gun, perhaps? I wouldn't mind a Neapoleanic brass cannon (since the Default cannon looks older than that) or a cannon similar to thoes used in the American Civil War. But whatever.. I"m focused on the Warhamma Foty Kay mod right now

nameless53 said:
that guy asking for more artillery will be please to see this.

I sure am, and I doubt I'm the only one! :goodjob:

The aaglo man works fast and good!

Great stuff Aaglo. Fine unit. Are ye plannin a manned howitzer perhaps? Could be towed by a truck or something.

Cool :D BANG... OW, my toes... (standing too close :D)

I think I've seen these or other similar cannons firing in Finnish WW2 documents, recoil is impressive.

Good work aaglo. :)

Geeeez, that was fast! And fantastic! I just thought of a use for it in my mod. Perfect!

Thanks Aaglo, you're the best. Now about that cool Ship of the Line. :D

--CK

Top Bottom