GRAPHICS: Changed Era Splash Graphics

BeBro

King of the Krauts
I begun to change several Civ3 gfx, first I changed the splash screens that appear when your civ enters a new age, because I did not like it that all four pics show exactly the same background...;) Below there is a previewpic.

Download the four altered screens here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=2039248&postcount=23
(a post later in this thread since the files are not accessible at the original location anymore. thx to pounder for reposting them :))

Installation

1 - BACKUP all four pics in the folder Civ3\Art\EraSplash

2 - Unzip the downloaded files into that folder...thats all

NOTE: I tested all pics except the newest (for the modern age) because I had no savegame available that was close enough to a change from the industrial to the modern age. I´ll test it and include the "modern" gfx as soon as I saw it in my current game...;)

I´ll also rework some other gfx in the future and post them here...opinions anyone? :)

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 5,800
Added a link to download the fourth (modern) screen to the post above...:)

Nice work BeBro. :cool: I expect to see some more graphics mod from you in the future... Your graphics skill is pretty good. :)

Wow. That's awfully purdy. :D Wish there were some way to have those kinds of sky in Civ 3.... maybe they'll have a fully 3D Civ 4 in future, eh? ;D

Originally posted by leonel
Wow. That's awfully purdy. :D Wish there were some way to have those kinds of sky in Civ 3.... maybe they'll have a fully 3D Civ 4 in future, eh? ;D

I really hope not.. 3D has ruined enough games :(

hey bebro, great job on the splashes. I have a favor to ask of you though....Can you make star wars ones for my mod? You will recieve credit for it in the credits, if you can do this thanks :D

Hi tpasmall, have you special pics in mind which I should turn into some era gfx? Can you attach them here, or can I download them somewhere? Or should I simply take some starwars pic I like? From Episode One, or from the other movies?

Four such new era pics should be no problem...;)

sweet, i know of some good pictures, though i cant remember where i found them, when i do, though, ill post them up ;)

Ok i got both planet pictures and city pictures. I dont know which of the two will look better compiled, so that choice is up to you :D
Here are the city pictures.

Attachments

• eraspalsh1.ace
    28.4 KB · Views: 352
and here are the planet pictures

Attachments

• erasplash2.ace
    57 KB · Views: 304
Ah, there are two problems. The pictures are a bit small (have you bigger versios of them?). The normal size of the era pics in Civ3 is 680x480 pixels. I can resize smaller pics, however, if they too small, they will not look good after resizing...

Also, I have some trouble opening the *ace files (finally I was able to open them, but only after some tries).

However, I there are a lot of StarWars pics on the net, e.g here for all movies - http://theforce.net/multimedia/ - perhaps you could specify some of them, then I start working on it?

hmm, I don´t seem to get the links to the splashes to work properly ... (e.g the links are dead) ... :crazyeye:

does anyone know where I get get these beautiful screens for my Civ3??

thanks ...

Oh, sorry for the dead links, now I edited the correct new link into the first post. Enjoy! :)

Very impressive addon there - something to d/l today and add this evening! I hope that we see a lot more of your work, as it is 24 carat.

I downloaded the era splashes and installed them a couple of days ago ... and forgot about having done that, until yesterday when I played a game and reached a new era ..... WOW!!

The era screens are trully amazing!! NICE WORK!!! :goodjob:

SWEET! These are incredible!! I've been searching through the graphic threads and find this buried between things. Awesome! Everyone should have this.

Joselia said:
SWEET! These are incredible!! I've been searching through the graphic threads and find this buried between things. Awesome! Everyone should have this.

... only if the link worked.

Top Bottom