2 Ork Kans: 30 July 2004

The Great Apple

Big Cheese
UPDATED 12/11/04 - sounds added, some animations tweaked, .pcxs added

Two Ork Killer Kans. One with a big shoota, and a... errr.. big saw. And the other with a rokkit launcha, and a big claw. Maybe I'll make them into a MUnit some time, maybe I won't.
Both have custum sounds, some from this site, some from other places. The rokkit kan doesn't have a sound for the snipper - if somebody could find one I'd be grateful :D

EDIT: I'm redoing the attack animation on the Rokkit Kan, to prevent the smoke from revealing the edge of the frame.

Also post 11 has some better units32, large, and small .pcx files.

Rokkit Kan:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/OrkRocketKan2.zip

Shoota Kan:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/OrkShootaKan2.zip

Preview one - the rocket can. Smoke has been removed because my computer has become alergic to rendering it - but it's in the FLC.

Default, Run, Fidget, Fortify, AttackA, AttackB

Attachments

• skanpreview.gif
    skanpreview.gif
    127.4 KB · Views: 2,098
Preview two - the shoota kan. Same story with the smoke.

Default, Run, Fidget, Fortify, AttackA, AttackB, AttackC

Attachments

• rkanpreview.gif
    rkanpreview.gif
    165.8 KB · Views: 1,847
Hey! it looks very nice :)

First post :D

I think they look great. If only I could build legos like that...
I'm just kidding. I don't see the lego thing. BTW, how do you do smoke in OpenFX? You seem to be one of the best to ask.

Very cool... Guess I'll have to add the WH40K mod to the other two mods I'm
planning on playing upon their release. :king:

WOW....I Think these Kans are Great! Very Good Work :clap: [dance] .
I have checked these out in game and the only thing that I would like to see corrected is the Attack Smoke....it all hits the edges of the frames and doesn't look as good because it shows the frame. Otherwise they are Excellent! Love Fantasy units and these are Great.
Here are the Large and Small .pcx files along with the units_32.pcx files for both Kans. The units_32.pcx files are CIV Specific colored in the correct areas but due to the red in the unit, it is not visible unless in the City Build Screen:

Attachments

• 2kan_pcx_files.zip
    18.9 KB · Views: 284
Vuldacon said:
WOW....I Think these Kans are Great! Very Good Work :clap: [dance] .
I have checked these out in game and the only thing that I would like to see corrected is the Attack Smoke....it all hits the edges of the frames and doesn't look as good because it shows the frame. Otherwise they are Excellent! Love Fantasy units and these are Great.
Thanks :). I think I might try getting smoke to dissapate on my next unit, while it blows, so the edge of the frame isn't so obvious.
Vuldacon said:
Here are the Large and Small .pcx files along with the units_32.pcx files for both Kans:
Thanks... but I thought they were in the zip :hmm:

They're good, but I liked most the bike.

Continue to be good design units. :goodjob:

:bump:

Both units have been updated with sounds from Vulcadon (thanks), and animation tweaking to get rid of some oddities. This update has been delayed thanks to the rather odd behaviour of my new computer, but everything is fine now, and I can put out this update.

Top Bottom