Polish Cavalry 1939

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyrmshadow

Deity

There are some common myths about the Polish Campaign. Although Poland had 11 Cavalry Brigades, the Polish cavalry never charged on German tanks. Secondly, the Polish airforce, though obsolete, was not destroyed on airfields, and remained active in the first two weeks of the campaign, causing some harm to the Germans. Skilled Polish pilots who escaped to United Kingdom after the German occupation, were of great help during the Battle of Britain.

United Kingdom and France declared war on Germany on 3 September, but did not come to their ally's help (see Poland's betrayal by the Western Allies). Poland, fulfiling her alliance with them, had not surrendered in 1939 but rather set up a government-in-exile and underground civil authorities as legal successors to pre-1939 government. During the German occupation, the Poles continued to be an extremely restive population under Nazi rule.
Source

More Stories

I take this unit VERY personally. Any bad jokes about cavalry charges against panzers and I will not be happy. If that happens I will ask the mods to remove the entire thread. That joke is not funny, nor accurate. And if you believe in that, then you're still the victim of 60 year old Nazi propaganda. Congradulations

Download

Oh, thats very nice. I espically like the wreath in the victory

:goodjob: , Wyrm.

And 2 things: If I remember correctly, polish aviation haven't the time to do its work. The Luftwaffe attacks polish plains when they are on land. And for cavalry, the italian one had attacked the soviet tanks on Barbarossa operation, and it was a strage. :(

Goldflash said:
Oh, thats very nice. Why does his helm change though? Or are there two versions?
Have you ever worn a helmet? No matter how cool they look, they are ALL hot and heavy, whether steel or Kevlar. So naturally a soldier tries not to wear it unless he is going to be in danger. Hence the field cap while moving and inthe default but it switches to the helmet when he's fighting.

I chose to keep the "czapka" because it's square crown is very distinctive.

Oh, thank you. Thats a neat Idea. I don't care if it is obsolete.. .Cavalry is cool.

I would have it come inbetween the Normal Civ Cavalry and Bebro's Modern Cavalry

Wyrmshadow said:
Have you ever worn a helmet? No matter how cool they look, they are ALL hot and heavy, whether steel or Kevlar. So naturally a soldier tries not to wear it unless he is going to be in danger. Hence the field cap while moving and inthe default but it switches to the helmet when he's fighting.

Or did you accidently delete the helmet model? ;)

That was fast :D And Good.
Maybe it's just in the preview but it looks like there are some glitches where parts disappear.

Kinboat said:
That was fast :D And Good.
Maybe it's just in the preview but it looks like there are some glitches where parts disappear.
Thanks, it's my first biological.
Which parts exactly? I've said it many times that occasionaly pixels dissapear and its a huge pain. I even rendered all the animation at maximum resolution to try and fix that, but it only worked some of the time.

I added some extra animations to be used once Steph finishes his SSS. There's no really good way to use the Charge and Saber animations within the currentversion of CIV.

It looks like the horses Front Right Leg (from our view)... And the lance in some spots... I've had a problem with disappearing spots before. It seems to be a problem with the FLICster program not with the renders. I think I've avoided it mostly by making the frame size a little larger than normal to keep plenty of room between the unit and the edge. Not sure if this is the cause or just my imagination.

No, it's my program that does it, not flicster.

That was really fast. Good job :)

Have you tried making the lance a bit thicker? Maybe then those pixel wouldn't disappear? I remember that very thin or small elements on some of my earlier units sometimes weren't rendered correctly at unit size. Although that does not seem the problem with the legs, it isn#t as thin as the lance.

Great job for your first living unit. I could barely make out the lance, it's not the thickness, it's because everything is brown. I like the wreath, the helmet change, and the charge. :goodjob:

Wyrmshadow said:
Thanks, it's my first biological.
Which parts exactly? I've said it many times that occasionaly pixels dissapear and its a huge pain. I even rendered all the animation at maximum resolution to try and fix that, but it only worked some of the time.

Have you tried using "super fine" anti-aliasing in the document setup? I had to do that to keep parts of my airship's propellers from disappearing in some places, and it worked rather well.

Other than that, good unit. I think the rifle could be attack A, charge be attack B and Saber attack C (or maybe just the rifle as attack A and saber as attack B, sorta like the guerilla with his Ak-47 and bayonet).

On a historical note, It really was too bad that England and France didn't attack Germany as promised, due to the fact that both countries had weak, peace-loving leaders who refused to believe that Hitler actually wanted another "Great War." If Chamberlain or Daledier had shown some spine in 1939, then Germany would have been crushed while it was still weak and didn't have it's armor and other military hardware fully upgraded. I'm saying this because I've been reading a book called Strange Vicotry that essentially details why, from a military and tactical standpoint, Germany should've lost the campaign against France, but, due to political shortcomings of the allies as well as some incredibly dumb luck still managed to win. I reccomend that book for further reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom