The Zenedoshou

Comnenus

AKA Kenshin
The Zenedoshou

"We believe that through the magnificence of our culture we shall prevail upon the world stage."

Edo-Zen embraces the ideals of peaceful coexistance with other, inferior cultures which inhabit our planet and with the land that our nation is built upon. The ideals of Edo are that of an egalitarian, isolationist nation, striving to improve our nation not by building armies and destroying other nations, but by creating a hard-working and happy population. The guiding force behind the Zen philosophy is that perfection, for both individuals and our nation as a whole, must come from within. Zen realizes that suffering is a part of life's journey, and one must embrace the suffering imposed by nature and by other, lesser nations. This does not mean that Zen rejects the notion of self-defense, it simply means that we should never be the aggressor in conflicts, and any fighting should be done for defensive reasons ONLY.

Edo and Zen where both born from diffrent minds, but with a common goal, PEACE and PEACEFUL GROWTH. Edo, has a slightly more isolationist defense-minded philosophy, while Zen rejects any conflict and belives that the Zen ideals should be taught to those outsiders who wish it, spreading the word of peace and prosperity throughout the world. Both have their merits, both have their weaknesses. But. BOTH ARE PURE, and if the path is pure and true, we can never be mistaken.

Among our most basic principles are the acceptance of others and working together instead of fighting, and since we have come to realize that peace is sadly rejected by the warmongering shoguns and overlords, a Union must be formed.

Thus the union of The Edo Faction and Zen-Kensho Society, and the birth of ZENEDOSHOU.

OUR GOALS/PHILOSOPHY:
To promote Japanatica's culture and the standard of living of our fellow citizens through the building of temples, cultural buildings and Wonders in our cities.

To create a PEACEFUL society, where the military exists for self-defense and is not an instrument of control wielded by the government to repress its citizens.

We also believe in having a military strong enough to make any nation think twice before commiting an irrational act of violence towards us.

We will promote our ideals of pacifism and culture to the citizens and leadership of the nation.

Corruption must be rooted out in our nation's cities, and in the leadership of our government.

We must exploit our strengths to work with what nature has provided and work around what it has deprived us of. The land and the sea give us life, and we will refrain from uneccessarily damaging our natural world.

Zenedoshou is based upon the ideals of equality and respect. There are no ranks; all members are equal. Their opinions are to be respected. The only "rank" that exists is that of "Member". For practical reasons, both Comnenus and Superpelon will have the additional title of Rurouni, but the following must be stressed, Zenedoshou will only have be effective thanks to its members, without it, our voices will be lost in the wind.

The official weapon of Zenedoshou is the the Sakabattou, a magnificent sword with a reverse-edge blade, designed for defense.

Members of Zenedoshou:

Superpelon, Rurouni
Comnenus, Rurouni
Civman2004
Marconos
Real Pave
blackheart

I would like to point out that the manifesto of Zenedoshou is almost entirely the work of Superpelon, without whom we would not have had such a great literary work. All I did was add a little here and there, a couple of words or maybe three in various places. All commendation goes to Superpelon. Long may he live!

All citizens who share in the philosopy of Zenedoshou are welcome to join us in our cause.

Small group so far but count me in. I really want to see how to do a cultural victory.

:clap: Welcome to our newest members

Civman2004 and marconos

Overnight we have DOUBLED our membership!

Now all we have to do is figure out a way to overpower the military wing of Japanatica, peacefully, of course. :D

Do any of the members have any ideas to put forth on Wonders to go for or scientific endeavors we should embark upon?

Personally, I would like to build the Pyramids, since it is a religious Wonder and I don't think it expires (it has been a coon's age since I played vanilla.)

BTW, this is just for discussion, not to create a platform, as that would probably constitute a political party and get us banned!

Civman2004 said:
...shouldn't the word "inhabit" in that top line be replaced by "inhibit" ;)

:rotfl:

I had to go back up and make sure I didn't have a typo! Very funny! :lol:

Comnenus said:
Now all we have to do is figure out a way to overpower the military wing of Japanatica, peacefully, of course. :D

Now THAT is a funny idea. It's like a liberal owning guns :lol:

blackheart said:
Now THAT is a funny idea. It's like a liberal owning guns :lol:

Oh, we have guns all right. We're just keeping them hidden until the discovery of gunpowder. No bullets, you know. ;)

How about pure pacifist-defense and pure war-mongering we compromise and have a mix of both? Neither work independently.

blackheart said:
How about pure pacifist-defense and pure war-mongering we compromise and have a mix of both? Neither work independently.

I don't believe that the militarists will let up for an instant, so it is the Holy Burden of the Zenedoshou to promote peace whenever and wherever possible. In the end, a balance is created.

HAHAHAHA :lol: look at this:

Comnenus said:
There are no ranks; all members are equal (...) For practical reasons, both Comnenus and Superpelon will have the additional title of Rurouni

Isn't it look familiar??
I think it's like in George Orwell's Animal Farm :lol:
You're the best Comnenus :goodjob:

msz4 said:
Isn't it look familiar??
I think it's like in George Orwell's Animal Farm :lol:
You're the best Comnenus :goodjob:

By golly you're right! Time to watch the ensuing power struggle ;)

blackheart said:
By golly you're right! Time to watch the ensuing power struggle ;)

Now that would be funny to watch...

Rurouni means "vagabond", so you can see, we would probably never even get to the same place at the same time and have a "fight to the finish". Besides, how on earth do pacifists fight?

Comnenus: "You first."
Superpelon: "No, after you."
Comnenus: "No, I insist."
Superpelon: "No, I insist."

etc, etc, ad nauseum... ;)

Comnenus said:
Rurouni means "vagabond"
Title is title. No mather what it means. Important is that you have it but Civman2004 and Marconos have not.
And one word about isolationism. Pigs in Animal Farm were isolationists too...(at the begining) ;)

Heck, anybody can have a title! I means nothing. It is useless. It has no power. How many ways can I say it? If anyone wants a useless title, too, they can have one. WSIC?

Titles have power. Psuchological power. They are saying that you are better than other members because you have one and others not.

Real Pave said:
Now I can second all thiese goals. Count me in.

mzs4 is right, titles have this psycological power, saying "Hey, I'm a über(insert suitable word here) and you're... well, you're nothing".

Welcome,RP, to our brotherhood/sisterhood. (not sure if there's any women here or not.

mzs4 seems bound and determined to stir up trouble here over such a niggling issue.

If the Zenedoshou members feel that no one should have a title, then I will support that. Would it make a difference if the title was Janitor? I am not hung up on the title, or any title. I like the the word rurouni, but I could care less if it is worn as some sort of mantle.

Informal Poll (open only to Zendedoshou members):

1. Should anyone in Zendedoshou have a title?

2. If you voted yes on 1, should everyone have a title?

There, I think that about covers it. I will gladly relinquish my "title", and I will gladly give titles to anyone, according to the will of the members. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom