The Order of Yevon

Zarn

Le Républicain Catholique
If you are a Final Fantasy fan (FFX/ FFX-2 to be exact and you don't have to be in knowledge of it), this would make for sense, but I'm adding a twist, too. This may contain possible spoilers for those playing FFX, but not much.

HOW THIS RELIGION DEVELOPS IS ENTIRELY UP TO THE PEOPLE THAT FOLLOW THE FAITH (with the exception of the tech differences)!

Changes via Techs

Cermonial Burial (start)- We worship those who have gone onto the Farplane. Yevon is considered one on the Farplane.

Polytheism- We worship the Aeons (don't worry I will give you their names later)

Monotheism- We worship Yevon and highly revere the Aeons and form a connection between them. The believers now believe Yevon has an enemy named Sin.

Definitions

Farplane - It's basically the place people go to after death ;)

Aeons - Summoned creature in Final Fantasy. They won't be summoned here, as I'm going to try to keep it somewhat realistic. They will only be worshiped and revered.

Yevon - A supposed 'God' (not really one though) in Final Fantasy X.

Praetor - The head of the Order of Yevon. (S)he is responsible for all the temples and decisions of the Order of Yevon and may remove/demote (high) priests from 'office' but not from the religion with permission from the high priests via a vote. Every month a praetor is elected to office via a vote by all the believers. Only a high priest may be elected to this office, and a praetor who loses a re-election or chooses not to run for praetor becomes a high priest. Elections take place once there is a praetor and a high priest. Tied votes result in the praetor from the last term making the decision. The Praetor's vote counts as 2 votes, during elections.

High Priests - The second highest position in the Order of Yevon. They are responsible for making decisions on the stances the Order of Yevon may take and making sure their own Temple(s) are in order. They may also elect/ remove/ demote (to high priest) a praetor from office via a vote as well as high priests with permission from the praetor. For elections, their votes counts as 2 votes each.

Priests - The basic clergy of the Order of Yevon. They are responsible for guiding the people and keeping their own temple in order. Priests help decide in the electon of a praetor. A priest's vote counts as 1, during elections.

Aeons
Bahamut- Dark Energy Dragon Aeon
Valefor- Flying Energy Aeon
Ixion- Lightning Unicorn Aeon
Ifrit- Fire Aeon
Shiva- Ice Aeon
Yojimbo- Mercenary Aeon
Anima- Suffering Aeon
Magus Sisters- Aeon Trio

Believers in Yevon

Praetor
CivGeneral (of the Temple of Bahamut in Fanatikku)

High Priests-3
Zarn (of the Temple of Valefor in Furuyama)
Black Hole (of the Temple of Ixion in Immo)
Strider (of the Temple of Ifrit in Epolenep)

Priests-10
Ankka (of the Temple of Valefor)
Stuck_As_a_Mac (of the Temple of Ixion)
Raven1er (of the Temple of Bahamut)
Civanator (of the Temple of Valefor)
Gulliver (of the Temple of Ixion)
mhcarver (of the Temple of Bahamut)
uberboffin (of the Temple of Ifrit)
JackA (of the Temple of Ifrit)
anarchywrksbest (of the Temple of Valefor)
Highgeneral (of the Temple of Ixion)

I would like to join.

CivGeneral said:
I would like to join.

Great! Remember, the more people you recruit, the more likely you will be a priest (2 more people) or high priest (8 more people).

Zarn said:
Great! Remember, the more people you recruit, the more likely you will be a priest (2 more people) or high priest (8 more people).
I have added the link to this thread into my signature :).

Zarn said:
Excellent!

It's about time multi-level marketing reached the demogame! :lol:

FortyJ said:
Excellent!

It's about time multi-level marketing reached the demogame! :lol:

If it works, it works. ;) I just hope it does. If it does, I pretty sure I can make this even more fun than the Jedi Council.

Welcome HighGeneral and Anarchy :).

Since, HG and Anarchy joined, CivGeneral is now a priest of Yevon! Congrats CivGeneral!

First post edited, so more people can become priests.

Welcome, Black Hole!

I'll join, plus I've played the majority of the Final Fantasy's, (including both X and X-2).

Thanks for joining Strider.

BTW, FF avatars are of course encouraged but not needed. ;)

Welcome Strider and Black Hole :)

Zarn said:
Thanks for joining Strider.

BTW, FF avatars are of course encouraged but not needed. ;)

I've had an FF avatar for about a year now. I just changed it from the lead female in FFX to the lead female in FFXII.

Strider said:
I've had an FF avatar for about a year now. I just changed it from the lead female in FFX to the lead female in FFXII.

I know. :p

Yuna is one of the best FF characters, possibly even the best, IMO.

Zarn said:
I know. :p

Yuna is one of the best FF characters, possibly even the best, IMO.

You might be saying the same thing about Ashe when FFXII comes out ;). All of the FFX characters were good. They all had good personalities and were voiced pretty good.

Strider told me to join, I said no thanks, he said I should, I still said no thanks, he told me to join, and I thought oh well, what can be so bad in it and so I join.

Even though I don't even know what happens in the FF series or anything. :rolleyes: :p ;)

Okay, you are in.

You don't need FF knowledge. It might just help a little.

Top Bottom