Gundahar of Burgundy : 3D animated, era specific leaderhead.

Rob (R8XFT)

Ancient Briton
Retired Moderator
I present to you Gundahar of Burgundy!

Gundahar is one of twelve leaderheads due to be released in the forthcoming "5th Century leaderheads" collection. To make him even more flexible, there's pcxs for both the Ancient and Medieval ages! There's a separate pcx for the GU_all era specific and a bonus GU_all - Ancient in era one and Medieval for the rest, which fits with some scenarios/conquests.

City list (supplied by MaisseArsouye):
Dijon
Châlon-sur-Saone
Nevers
Auxerres
Mâcon
Le Creusot
Sens
Montceau-les-Mines
Beaune
Autun
Cosnes-Cours-sur-Loire
Paray-le-Monial
Gueugnon
Joigny
Avallon
Migennes
Montbard
Châtillon-sur-Seine
Decize
Auxonne
La Charité-sur-Loire
Saint-Florentin
Louhans
Tonerre
Clamecy
Fourchambault
Nuits-Saint-Georges
Château-Chinon

Unique unit
BeBro's excellent Burgundian Knight. Could there really have been any other choice? Obviously, it replaces the regular knight - but what stats should it have?

I like it. The Modern Era reminds me of my Uncle John.

Also, you're ALOT nicer to your leaderheads than Firaxis is on the beat up pcx. They just have a few bruises and maybe a bange... Firaxis's leaders are like, missing teeth and ALL black and blue and stuff. :D Not a piece of criticismsmsm (I hate spelling!), just an observation.

Speaking of an observation and my Uncle, he sometimes appears in the comic strip 'Born Loser' as 'Doctor Stoner'. The Writer/Artist of that comic was his room mate in college.

Wonderful! About the city list, you can take some idea from Firaxis' Middle Ages conquest. Tomorrow i'll help you with an historical research.

I can't believe the pcx files are era-specific!

Great, great, great !!!!!!! Than you soooooooo much !!!!!

I'll use it to improve my "low countries" and "France" scenario. :goodjob:

MERCI !!!!!

I can help you for cities. Do you want names of cities in nowadays Burgondy like Dijon or Auxerres or do you want to fit to 5th century kingdom of Burgondy ?

I love the industrial. It would work well as any Western European in that era.

Very nice, that's all I have to say! What a great European LH! Are you going to era-specify your other "5th century" LH's as well?

Half of the leaderheads from the 5th Century project will be era-specific:
Gundahar (obviously!!)
Owain Ddantwyn of the Celts (already done).
Attila the Hun (already done).
Justinian of Byzantium (mostly done).
Theodoric of the Ostrogoths (the most requested one out of the set - to be done soon).
The Pict leaderhead, which is actually the ancient version of Malcolm II!! (This one is about half done).

Here are some cities of nowadays Burgundy sorted by population :

Dijon ( capital city )
Châlon-sur-Saone
Nevers
Auxerres
Mâcon
Le Creusot
Sens
Montceau-les-Mines
Beaune ( mmmmmmh ;) )
Autun
Cosnes-Cours-sur-Loire
Paray-le-Monial
Gueugnon
Joigny
Avallon
Migennes
Montbard
Châtillon-sur-Seine
Decize
Auxonne
La Charité-sur-Loire
Saint-Florentin
Louhans
Tonerre
Clamecy
Fourchambault
Nuits-Saint-Georges ( re-mmmmmmmmh ;) )
Château-Chinon ( re-re-mmmmmmmh ;) )

You could add in the dutch cities, as these were part of the Kingdom of Burgundy. Assuming you weren't using the Dutch of course.

heuuuuu.... the burgond knight ? ;)

Some villages are named after the old burgond name "harja" that means "warrior"...

Here's the flag of Burgondy :

#2 is clearly english, as well as #3 is french, so they don't fit
#1's eagles would be strange for a Burgond...

I think #5 would be perfect :goodjob:

You know, I'm very interested in this, my town was ruled by Burgondy from 1429 to 1515 ;)

As a UU. I'd go with either the Late Knight by Bebro or the a heavy cannon (ordinance). I think aaglo make some heavy cannons didn't he?

Top Bottom