New Units: three riflemen 08/08/2004

BeBro

King of the Krauts
These are (from the left in the attached pic) a Greek, an Ottoman, and a Mexican Rifleman. If you want more info, ask Steph :p ;)

DL all three http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/Riflemen.zip

I attached an in-game shot because I think the gif previews in the next post turned out a bit too dark, so in the game they look like here on this pic.

Attachments

• riflemen_game.gif
    riflemen_game.gif
    18 KB · Views: 4,662
Theoir anims are mainly the same, with some differences indeath and fidget anims. Here are two examples, the Ottoman attack anim, and the Mexican Fidget anim

Attachments

• Mex_rifle_fid.gif
    Mex_rifle_fid.gif
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,506
  • Turk_rifle_att.gif
    Turk_rifle_att.gif
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,358
Nice job on these BeBro. :goodjob:

Bebro, these riflemen sure are nice and were sorely needed!

By any chance, could you modify the Ottoman rifleman to make him look like the Greek Guards? They would be a nice Industrial Era FU (or even UU) for Greece, since they stem from the war for Independence in the early 1800s...

Bernd, you have outdone yourself again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for these cool new riflemen :D they look far better than the original Firaxians...

@Top Gun: Wasn't that Uniform introduced until after the conflict by King Otto?? - besides: the summer uniform is much more fun to look at ;)

Formal Uniform:

...the bravest soldiers in the world: They'd never turn their backs at the enemy (are you being served)

Swan Lake (Interpretation Helleniki):

Gala Uniform:

-"Opaaaaaaaa! Hi Jorgos." -"How are you, Jannis"

I have some more like these in mind as a second batch, also requested by Steph.

TopGun, I could throw this Greek guy in then, if you don't mind that their basic anims (run, default, attack) will be quite similar....this would save a lot of time, since I can apply anims from the existing riflemen on new models. Still I would make some variations here and there.

Just a question the big black thing on your first pic (as well as on winter's first), what is it? It seems to be on his hat? I just ask to get the model right. And another thing I wonder about is if I should use rather normal looking shoes - those black things look cool, but on civ size they could look funny....mhm, I better post a preview then. But I'll finish the knights first ;)

I wish i could create units but I have not enough skillfullness to do so

Would it be possible to have a melee attack with the baionet and a range attack with the rifle?
It can be useful even in civIII if you use it as attackA (Range), attackB (melee) and attackC(Range).

Does anim C really play in Civ? Never tested it, because I thought it does not work anyway. But then I saw kinboat including three anims for example with his Archilles IIRC. How's the correct order then A - B - C ... B - C (looping B - C until the end)?

BeBro said:
I have some more like these in mind as a second batch, also requested by Steph.

TopGun, I could throw this Greek guy in then, if you don't mind that their basic anims (run, default, attack) will be quite similar....this would save a lot of time, since I can apply anims from the existing riflemen on new models. Still I would make some variations here and there.

Just a question the big black thing on your first pic (as well as on winter's first), what is it? It seems to be on his hat? I just ask to get the model right. And another thing I wonder about is if I should use rather normal looking shoes - those black things look cool, but on civ size they could look funny....mhm, I better post a preview then. But I'll finish the knights first ;)
It is some fabric (no idea what really) and suposedly resembles hair ... Greek thing, will have to ask someone- is there a Hellenic in the house ?!

The Uniforms of the Austro-Hungarian infantry of that time are still quite similar. As to the other one, the time the Evzones uniform was created was before King Georg I., during the "Bavarian reign"- no idea why he like pompons though...

They're pompoms... LOL

Top Bottom